Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Beginning, not the end

Happy New Year! It has been an amazingly, wonderful, difficult and life-changing year for my family! We took a BIG step of faith in 2006 and blindly followed God's leading in 2007. We saw His promise to our family come true. Isabella is asleep in my bed right now and I am crying tears of joy and amazement at how far my Lord has brought me in a little over a year. Do I have farther to go? YES! But one thing I have learned is that it is okay to be human and doubt and scream and wonder if I heard correctly from Him. To fall and have HIM pick me up and I continue on is BIG for me. I have been stretched beyond what I thought was possible. I have grown in ways I never could have imagined and I have learned that to trust Him COMPLETELY is the BEST way to live!

It has been an amazing ride and I know it is just beginning. I thought we were just adding a precious baby girl to our family and that would be all, but He has, once again shown me that is not the case. Bella joining our family was just the spark He needed to ignite a passion in me. A passion that will begin the call He has placed on my family. Jeff and I both feel that we are on the brink of being launched into what He has destined for us. I have been a bundle of emotions since coming home with my daughter. It has taken me these past few months to realize that I need to pray through this and find its purpose. That is what we intend to do in 2008.

I have decided to close this blog and plan to turn it into a book for Bella. I am having Nikki design my new one. I pray that each of you will continue to follow our adventure... hang on, because I feel its gonna be exciting with some bumps along the way!!!!!

I am in the process of getting my pictures together for her, along with some other info. she needs. Please keep checking and I should have the new address posted soon! See ya on the other blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Love,
amanda

18 comments:

Terry said...

I completely understand what you mean about this sparking a passion. At this point, I sometimes feel like I could explode with the passion that has been sparked in me...so many thoughs, ideas, plans and lots of love that can only be explained by what God has put in our hearts.

I can't wait to read the new blog and see what He has in store for you.

Happy New Year!

Terry

burpittyburp said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to check out the new blog:)

Pineapple Princess said...

You've expressed in words what I have been feeling in my heart. I know God is up to something with me, too.

I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you. It's going to be amazing!

Happy New Year!!!

Stacy

Kim said...

I'm also there with you!! God has put such a passion in my heart for the country of Guatemala - and I thought I was just becoming a parent. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and your family in 2008!

The gFamily said...

I can't wait to see where the Lord it taking you!

Praying for your new adventure!
Gretchen

noahpaul said...

Amanda--Happy New Year friend. I can't wait to see where the Lord takes your family in 2008. I know it will be amazing, life-giving, and powerful. Can't wait to see the new blog. Love to you, Bekah

Becca said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have a new passion since bringing my daughter home, too. All of the other children waiting for homes continue to haunt me. I am glad that the Lord has laid this on my heart and am very thankful that He has put me on this road. I will definitely continue to follow your story and look forward to your new blog. What a wonderful idea - turing this into a book for your angel!!

Becca
Momma to Ella

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Loved your post and recent pictures. I look forward to your new blog.

take care,
hugs,
Donna

Crystal said...

oooh AMANDA---CAN I EVER RELATE WITH EVERY SINGLE WORD IN THIS POST!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see what God has planned for your family!!! We serve an AMAZING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

Hey I just wanted to thank you again for all of your love and support You are amazing Amanda THANK YOU!!!!!!! XOXOXO

Madelyn's Mommy said...

That passion is shared by many of us adoptive moms. I can't wait to see what God will do in 2008. He always amazes me! And of course I will follow your new blog!

Andrea

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see your new blog and see what God sparks in your life in the coming year!

Jami said...

Hey Amanda - I will be following you through the next blog! I totally agree with you about the passion being sparked! Adoption is so close to my heart and I just can't wait to see where God takes us next. Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful beginning! God is good.

Courtney said...

I can not wait to see your new blog. Please let me know how you plan to make this blog into a book. I have been trying to figure out how to put this in a book format or onto a cd. If you know, please pass along any info you have that would help. thanks courtney
cstarry1@new.rr.com

The Wilkens Family said...

I blog book is a great idea! I would love to hear more about it. I am looking forward to the new blog! Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

Great post, Amanda! I can't wait to see what God does in the life of you and your family this next year! And I can't wait to watch your new journey unfold!!!!

Pattie M said...

Happy New Year!! May your family be blessed with even more miracles in the new year.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures of your adorable family.
Many Blessings
Pattie
from Sunny South Florida