Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Day After....

Our first night together was a pretty good one. She teased me with sleep all night long. She would sleep for 2 hours at a time and then wake up. I think she was overly stimulated from the day. She spends all of her days on one floor of an orphanage with one caretaker. Whenever we got to our room yesterday, she had a ball. As soon as we went downstairs to the dining room for lunch, she lost it. She took one look at all the people in there, heard all the noise and began to cry the biggest crocidile tears I have ever seen. I took her back to the room and calmed her down. She was laughing and kicking those cute little feet of hers. So, I tried again. Same thing. Jeff took her up to the room and I finished eating. Anyway, I figure she just needed time to realize that there are other people in the world and we interact with them. The orphanage is really quiet and hot. I know this trip must be a shock to her. We tried it again last night, and she did fine.



Breakfast was great. Whatever it was that upset her, she has gotten over and is doing fine today. We took our first trip to the pool. She loved the swimsuit and seemed to know how good she looked. However, the fun stopped there. She did NOT like the pool!! She lasted 5 minutes and we were undressing fast to get dry and warm. We will try again when she comes home.





















Speaking of coming home, we need to ask all of you to pray for our embassy to issue us Pre Approval. There seems to be an incident with an adoption facilitator that committed visa fraud recently and they are scrutinizing everyone now. We seem to be one of the families that are caught in this. There is not an issue with us that is being investigated, just that the harder investigating that is being done, is clogging the system for all of us. After being with Bella these couple of days, I cannot begin to tell you how badly I need you to pray God's favor for us in this area. My baby girl NEEDS to come home!!!!!!


Jake is being such a great big brother brushing his little sisters hair.

Jeff and I want to thank all of you for checking our blog and giving us the sweet comments. It feels so good to know that we have people in our lives that care about what we are doing. Keep them coming!!
Well, my baby has been trying to get my attention, so I have to go. You understand--priorities.

We will post more pics later.

8 comments:

bburks said...

Hi gang! What a beautiful family!!! You all look so content. Will be praying for a quick and safe return.

Rosie's Mom said...

I cannot get over how happy you all look - and Bella, too. Love the sunglasses! I'm really thinking about you guys - and praying for you, too. Good luck with sleep tonight! :)

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

I know that yall are in heaven! and I am so happy to see all of those smiles. The picture of Amanda and Bella bring tears to my eyes because there is so much contentment. Jake is going to be an awesome BIG brother. Please know that yall are in our prayers!

tina said...

Just wanted to say hi! We can't stop looking at the pictures. They are so wonderful. Everyone looks so happy. Bella knows just who her family is and who loves her. Yall are in our prayers everyday. Miss and love yall!!

The Frugal Countess said...

Oh Amanda, I have been so worked up with all the "stuff" that I haven't even looked at your beautiful baby pictures since the first set. She is just amazingly gorgeous - and she looks just like she was made your family. She is wonderful - and she IS coming home.

Mom 4 Kids said...

A beautiful baby with her beautiful family. She is a perfect fit for sure! We will all hang in and hold on together and get through this process!!! I really enjoyed your positive thoughts, I needed them!

Megan and Kevin said...

Bella is so beautiful! The pictures are great! I know that yall are all enjoying being there! I know how happy you are to have your whole family together! We pray for all of yall and for Bella to come home soon! She belongs with yall! Best Wishes! Miss yall!