Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pray! Pray! Pray!

Well, President Berger is at it again. Those of you that have been called on in the past few weeks to pray, know what I am talking about. For those of you that don't, here it is... The president of Guatemala has been threatening to issue an executive order that will suspend all adoptions if he is successful. Of course, what he is trying to do is uncontitutional and our attorney is leading the way to have it overturned. He tried to do this Friday, Feb. 16 and it did not happen. I believe that enough praying people stormed Heaven's gates and God heard and thwarted his plans. Well... it seems he is at it again with plans to issue it tomorrow, here in Guatemala City. Please contact your prayer chains and get your family and friends praying that it is stopped once again. If this does happen, then all adoptions in process will be suspended and the children in privately-run orphanges (this includes Bella) and those in foster care homes will be taken and put into a public welfare system of some sort. The big problem with this (besides the obvious--my daughter not coming home), is that they have not made ways to financially fund all of these children. Without going into more detail, the bottom line is this: Pray for it to fall through once again and pray that all cases in process get to moving at a God-created, lightning speed and we can all get our children out of there and home where they belong. Also, pray for the fear that is trying to hit me,to leave my mind. I cannot tell you how I am fighting the thought that when I bring her back to the orphanage tomorrow afternoon, it may be the last time I ever see my precious baby girl. But, I WILL fight that fear, nontheless and ask you to pray for us, tonight and tomorrow. We are unsure of the time we will have to bring herback, but do know it will be one of the hardest moments of our lives. We need God's strength.

I must say that in the past, when this was a threat, I freaked out. But, after my "meeting" with God in the air Sunday night, I have an incredible peace that I have not had before. God has finally "convinced" me that Bella is ours and He will be the one to bring her home to our family. I read a quote today from a devotional in my Bible that really stood out to me. "God cannot work a miracle until there is no one else but Him to accomplish what needs to be accomplished."
Well, this is a miracle waiting to happen!

So, I will pray (and ask all of you to pray), and will hold fast to the verse in Exodus 14:14. It says "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest."

Jeff will post pictures from today whenever he gets up from his nap with Bella. I haven't learned how to do that yet. Those of you that know me understand.:)

3 comments:

The Frugal Countess said...

I praying that God is working miracles RIGHT NOW in the hearts of those that would attempt to suspend adoptions. And I am praying that the Holy Spirit continues to bathe you in peace with the knowledge that Isabella Claire Salemi was born to be in your family and she is coming home.

Kelli said...

Yall are very specail people that God has brought into Brad and I lives, and we will lift yall up very hard tonight and tomorrow for God to do his mighty miracles. We love yall!!!
Bella is so gorgeous, the one that she is sleeping with her dad is so sweet!!!!

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Amanda and Jeff, we are praying for you and I firmly believe that God is not going to start this wonderful miracle of finally getting your daughter without totally finising this!

We love y'all,
the Poche's