Monday, February 26, 2007

The Belly of the Whale

Well, my trip started off in a VERY eventful way. First of all, let me explain that Jeff and Jake and I traveled separately. Well, Jeff traveled separately from me and Jake. We booked our tickets before we decided to take Jake. When we tried to get another ticket, we couldn't. So we changed Jeff's ticket to Jake's name and bought Jeff a ticket on Continental. Jake and I flew Delta because my parents gave us their FFM. Anyway, Jake and I were scheduled to fly out at 6:00 on Sun. morning and Jeff at 6:30. At about 5:40, instead of boarding us, they announced that maintenance was on the plane trying to fix a problem. At 6:20, they announced that the plane was being brought back to the hanger and the flight was canceled. Fifteen minutes later, they decided to send us on another plane. Meanwhile, Jeff had to leave me and Jake crying and not knowing if and when we would meet him in Guatemala. Long story short, I got on the plane and realized that I was going to miss my connceting flight in Atlanta. this was because of them grounding us for weather problems over there. Once I realizedthis, I told the stewardess that we needed off the plane. They had to ground that flight and get our luggage off. Can I tell you how popular I was with many people. (NOT!) My parents then got on the phone and bought Jake and I new one way tickets with Continental and we were able to use the return ticket part of our old ones. (Thanks Mom and Daddy--ya'll ALWAYS come through for us!!) Jake and I got to Houston at 11:30 and had a 7 1/2 layover. Then the plane sat and waited on 17 people that were running late to board. We finally arrived in Guatemala at 11:00 last night. Did I mention that by that time I had been up for 40 hours straight? The night before we left, I did not finish packing until 1:15 and needed to get up at 2:00 to get ready for the airport. So, I figured it was not worth sleeping.

I must admit that I was beginning to feel that I was being picked on. But on the flight to Guatemala, they were showing a boring movie. I decided to read my Bible and when I opened it guess where I turned? The book of Job. Well, about that time I was feeling like I needed a name change anyway. I began to read and realized that God had me right where He wanted me. In the air, exhausted and ready to be still enough to listen to what He was trying to show me. Those of you that know us well, know that this has been a long and hard road. I have not always handeled it the way I should. I grew weary and fainted alot. But God, in His goodness, gently showed me that if I will allow Him to use this to teach me to put my TOTAL trust in Him, He will change me from the inside out. And these days I surely need it.

I now realize that, without a doubt, Bella is our baby girl that God ordained from the beginning of time. Everything we went through with infertility, brought us to God's perfect plan for us--her. Now it is time to move on and let Him lead us forward. If I will just be still and let God do it, He will bring her home. No one can stand in the way of His plans. And no one is bringing her home but Him. We are beliving she will be home for Mother's Day. It will take a miracle, but then again, isn't that His specialty? Needless to say, I will be forever grateful for my "belly in the whale" experience. God did a big work in me yesterday!!

Bella is incredible!!!! She is just about rolling over and has found her precious little hands. She is amazed at them. I will post pics of that tomorrow. She just woke up and needs her Mommy. I will finish telling you about her tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow! What an adventure. I am glad you all made it safely and are having an opportunity to spend time with your beautiful baby girl. I must admit that ya'll make a good looking family. It appears that Jake is taking well to the big brother thing. I know he will look after his little sister. I can't begin to tell ya'll how happy I am for you. Isabella Claire is truly a fortunate little girl. She has a wonderful family. Take care and you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya'll.