Monday, August 6, 2007

Guatoberfest and school...

I am soooo excited about Guatoberfest! I wasn't planning on going, but my wonderful hubby convinced me to go! It is going to be great to meet everyone that has walked beside me during this crazy journey and even meet new families I have not had contact with. Jeff can't make it, though, so it will be just me and the kids! How weird does that sound... kids... plural.

We are waiting to hear that we have a BC. I start school tomorrow... teacher in-services and classroom preparation. The students come next Monday. I thought it would be hard for me to begin the school year without Bella here, but amazingly, I am at somewhat of a peace about it. I will have time to get things in order for my absence and by then, we will be leaving. I am hoping we are on pickup by early to mid-September.

I have been focusing on the scripture in the Bible that says... "He will keep you in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee." Every time I feel the anxiety of her being there and not here, I begin to meditate on that scripture and peace comes over me. It happened yesterday (the anxiety) and that verse popped into my mind. Things are nearing the end of this journey and we will soon begin a new one. I am beginning to get EXCITED about the new adventure we are about to enter.

Hope everyone has a great day and I will post when we get news of the birth certificate!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Have I shared this one with you before??

"But hope that is seen, is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Romans 8:24-25

Kim said...

I'm so glad you are coming to Guatoberfest. We are going to have a great time!!!

Farrah said...

Hopefully you will get that news soon!

Melissa said...

What a great attitude! That verse holds a lot of promise for all of us who get anxious about the adoption process.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're coming too! I cannot wait to meet you and your children. Yippee!! Enjoy preparing your classroom, give me a call when you can.

Natalie said...

Woohoo...you're going to Guatoberfest! I'm so excited to meet you and your darling kids! We are all going to have way too much fun! :)

LouLou said...

Amanda,
I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Can you imagine how much fun it will be having everyone there together??? Priceless!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Guatoberfest (don't know what it is but it sure sounds fun!) Good luck preparing for school and I hope your BC comes soon!

All the best,
Your SBP