Sunday, August 12, 2007

There Is A Reason

I am really missing my baby girl. Tomorrow will be one month since we were released by the judge. I am having a hard time today. I am weary and ready for this to be over. I am ready to enjoy things the way I once did before we began this adoption. A part of my family is missing and it makes my heart ache. My son is believing with all that is within him, that his baby sister is coming home for their birthday. I pray he is right! We start school tomorrow and the questions are going to begin.... "You don't have that baby yet?" I am not wanting to answer those. But... as I was cleaning my house this afternoon, I decided to turn on the radio and this is the song that was playing. Read the words and I pray that they minister to you like they ministered to me.





Cademon’s Call – There Is A Reason
From the album – Overdressed

Late at night I wonder why
Sometimes I wonder why
Sometimes I'm so tired
I don't even try
Seems everything around me fails
But I hold on to the promise
That there is a reason

Chorus:
Late at night, the darkness makes it hard to see
The history of the saints who've gone in front of me
Through famine, plague and disbelief
His hand was still upon them
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason

He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There's a time to live and a time to die
A time for wonder and to wonder why
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason

I believe in a God who sent His only son
To walk upon this world and give His life for us
With blood and tears on a long, dark night
We know that He believed
That there is a reason
There is a reason

Chorus:

For the lonely nights
And broken hearts
The widow's mite
In the rich man's hand
And the continent
Whose blood becomes a traitor

For the child afraid to close their eyes
The prayers that seem unanswered
There is a reason
There is a reason

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Love ya, girl...thanks for sharing those lyrics...

Prayed for you a whole lot today...

Sending you bear hugs,
Kris

Jami said...

Amanda - I'll really be praying for you tomorrow as you start. I love you!!

Stacie said...

Wow, what a love note from God. I am prayin for ya as you start a new school year. I am also praying that you hear some really AWESOME, FANTASTICALLY, GREAT news this week and I believe it in my heart sista!

Love ya!
Stacie

Bekah said...

Those lyrics are awesome. Praying for your sweet family. Lord, please bring Bella home for her birthday. We trust that you hear her big brother's prayers and we are asking for this miracle.

Terry said...

Thanks for sharing that, Amanda. We should all hear that song and believe that all things do happen for a reason.

Hope you're having a good day at school without too many intrusive questions.

Terry

Whitney said...

I am only weeks into getting the question of "When do you bring her home?" and I am already somewhat weary of it. Months must be exhausting! Don't loose heart! I love getting an encouragement from the Lord, thanks for sharing yours!

Kelly said...

I had to start a new school year three years ago when I was waiting to bring my daughter home. It was SO hard...but...2 weeks after I started, I said goodbye and left to go pick her up. It will happen and there IS a reason. Hugs and prayers to you.

Steve & Amy said...

Praying that God gives you strength to make it through tomorrow. Praying that you get some good news this week!