Friday, August 3, 2007

On to the civil registry!

I found out tonight that the certified copies were obtained and we are being filed with at the Civil Registry! Not sure if that means we were already or will be. But... we are creeping along! We will have to do the 2nd DNA test, but at this point, I have gotten past it and just come to accept it. Not sure if we will have to redo our fingerprints- they expire Oct.12.

I went to see Evan Almighty with Jodi (Corryn's mom). It was her son's birthday. Jodi and I were amazed at the nuggets we gleaned from this movie considering the adoption process. I am not sure if you all have seen it, but I highly recommend it. There is a line at the end of it where Steve Corral (correct spelling?) tells Morgan Freeman, who plays God, "you knew what was going to happen all along, didn't you?" and "I fought you every step of the way", yet His plan still unfolded and it proved to be worth it all for him to have endured all he did. This is true for us. Steve could only see a small part of Freeman's plan, and none of his instructions or problems made since. In fact, they were down right ridiculous and cost him alot, personally.

This is how this journey is. He calls us to do something, we "figure" out how it will unfold and then get upset because we feel "due" something. When He called us to adopt Bella into our family, He had a very specific plan and it has not changed along the way. My plans have. This is not about me... it is about His plan for my family. My part is to pray and walk in the way He has prepared. I don't understand why we manage to hit EVERY potential roadblock to this process. I thought about something tonight. When you are driving and come to a roadblock in the road, you must go through the detour. It is for your own safety. You get aggravated because the journey to your destination will take longer, but along the way you see different scenery. Maybe, these roadblocks have changed the "scenery" of the life- lessons I need to learn to fulfill His plans for my life and the life of my children. If I would have stayed on the straight course, I may have remained stagnate in my walk with Him. If there is one thing I can say about this year, I am NO longer stagnate in my relationship with Him.

Stay tuned... it should be interesting how this comes to an end! If any of you know how long it is taking to get GCBC, please either post it or send me an email.

14 comments:

Jodie said...

I had a great time at the movie..it was perfect timing! so glad we went! Congratulations on the movement!

ps..yes, I too am still awake :)....& so are the boys.

Kim Capello said...

One step closer! I'm praying that these bits of good news keep flowing daily to uplift and sustain you. So glad you guys had a great time at the movie, I'll have to take Caroline.

Steve & Amy said...

It's a step in the right direction ....now come on BC! Praying that it's not too long!!! I admire your strength during this wait and pray that you are PINK soon!

JuJu - said...

you so are on my hero list girly:)

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Your blog has become such an inspiration. Most times it fits to my everyday life. My situation is totally different but the ride is pretty much the same. To trust in our God and stop trying to take control and doing it myself.

I admire your trust in our Lord Jesus and your strength you find within. I pray that it is God's plan to move things along quickly for you!!

LouLou said...

Our BC took 2 days, but that was almost 2 months ago.... I do think our lawyer pulled some strings to get it that quickly. Your post was fantastic!!!! God truly spoke through you this morning!!!! I love ya, girl!

Andrea said...

Great post! I've been struggling with that same concept-His timing is for a reason. We may never know that reason, but it is for our safety, in the end.

I sure hope GCBC's come SUPER FAST for two sweet little babies we know!!

God Bless!

Jess said...

I am hearing on the forum at Bethany Christian Services that a Guatemala City Birthcertificate is taking 2-3 weeks.

I am so sorry to tell you that, but I wanted you to be prepared.

Jess (fellow post-PGN adopter)

Stacie said...

Moving right along! Now, if they could just speed it up a little bit. ;)

We went and saw Evan Almighty and LOVED it! I sure didn't think that movie would make such an impact. I love it when Morgan F. is talking to the wife in the restaurant and she says that she has been praying for their family to grow closer together and she doesn't understand why God isn't answering her prayers. Then he tells her that God doesn't just BAM, give us things, but gives us opportunities to do those things. Man! Just like patience, if I pray for patience he isn't going to just Zap me with patience, but give me the opportunity to be patient. WOW! Is he giving me an opportunity or what??

Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend-
Stacie

Melissa said...

Loved this post. It sounds like I will need to see that movie...

The roadblocks and detours are so frustrating to me. I want to plow through without any regard to the dangers that may lie ahead. Thankfully we have a Heavenly Father who won't allow that to happen

Jami said...

Yea yea yea!!!! Good news!! Soon and very soon - you'll be with Bello for good!!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! It's your SBP (Secret Blog Pal) here saying "yay!" Great news...you're almost there now!!

*SBP*

Mom 4 Kids said...

I really appreciated the point you made about the scenery and the detour. It seems you have made some strong life long friendships on your journey that otherwise might not have happened. I am praying for your journey of adopting Bella to be over soon so your journey of raising her can begin. I value your friendship and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Monique and Jamey said...

Amanda,
We too are being hit with the 2nd DNA, we exited on July 17th. I told my husband,"It's like running a marathon and you're on mile 25 then they tell you they've changed the route and added five more miles!" Because I feel that way I am so appreciative of your detour analogy, that has helped me feel so much better today!! Thanks for posting your thoughts and allowing others to share in them! Let's finish these last few weeks "leaning not on our own understanding". Prov. 3:5
PS. We too are a GCBC and our agency said 8 days.
Monique
onemoretolove.blogspot.com