Monday, September 17, 2007

2 weeks down.... how many more to go?

Well, toady marks 2 weeks since we were submitted to the Civil Registry. Our BC is coming from Guatemala City and I am hearing it is taking right at about 3 weeks! Bella and Jake will both have a birthday on Thursday. Bella will be 1 and Jake will be 8. I am praying that we get our BC on that day. After all, we named her 2 days BEFORE she was born and Jake prayed for her to be born on his birthday. Let me tell you that story...

We were given a referral of a baby girl a week before Bella was born, but there was something wrong with the paperwork-- something that could cause us problems later on. We decided not to accept it. I was totally at peace with that and for me that was odd. Everyone else was feeling bad, but I was at peace. A few days later(on a Sat.), our coordinator called and said that there was a baby girl that was scheduled to be born the following week sometime. She would call me back when she knew more. We were next in line for a referral, so this baby would be our daughter. Well, Jake's birthday was on that following Wed. and I got an e-mail on the Monday telling me that the birthmom would deliver by c-section on the Thursday. The first question I asked, was "who gets to name her?" She responded by telling me that we could, if we had a specific name. Well, that was a big answer to prayer. Those of you that know me, know that this was a major stresser from the beginning. I wanted my daughter to be called by the name we were going to give to her during the entire time she was away from us. Well, He answered that one for me! Anyway... the night before Jake's birthday, as we said prayers with him, he prayed that his "baby sister would be born on his birthday" the following day. As I left the room, I tried to explain to him that the c-section was already scheduled for the day after and that they don't change those dates. He said "we'll see, Mommy." Jeff called me a faith-killer as we left the room. I just did not want him disappointed. Hindsight, I was not instilling faith in him at all. (I later repented!) :)

Fast forward to the next day. While we were on our way home, my cell phone rang. I saw that it was my coordinator and told Jake. He said "she is calling to tell us Bella was born, I bet." Sure enough... she had been born 2 hours earlier!!! Faith of a child...

We always take Jake to Chuck E. Cheese on the night of his birthday and do his party with friends on the following weekend. Last year, I remember telling everyone that would listen that we had just had a daughter and that next year, she would be celebrating her 1st birthday with us there. Well, that will not be happening. I can think of nothing better than to make it an okay day than for us to get her BC on that day. That is what I am praying and believing for. Will you join me?

It breaks my heart that we will not be with her, but I have been praying that the Lord will give me peace and strengthen me and help me get through it. I plan to make it a very special day for Jake and pray that God will hold Bella a little tighter that day.

Thanks for all the prayers and e-mails of encouragement. It means so much to me that so many people care about us. I hope to post good news soon...

19 comments:

Gail said...

I will be joining you in praying for the B.C. on the special day. Hope Jake has a great birthday!
Gail

Terry said...

That is an amazing story to be able to share with Bella one day and one that Jake will always remember as well. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Getting her BC on her 1st birthday would be another wonderful story to share and I am praying that you will get it that day. As I walk throught the streets of Antigua Thursday, you all will be on my mind and constantly in my prayers.

Maybe we should start planning that first playdate because our 2 beautiful children will be home very soon! :)

Terry

Steve & Amy said...

Joining your prayers, but also celebrate God's blessings. Happy birthday Jake & Bella!!! Praying that you have Bella's BC soon!

Mama Bunny said...

I am a mess sitting here crying.

Oh honey, oh honey, I hope you get your BC on Thursday!!!

Jenn said...

What a great story! God does answer prayers:) I will be praying that you get the BC on Thursday!

Bekah said...

Amanda--We are praying and thinking about you constantly. We will pray extra hard on Thursday for an incredible peace that only comes from Christ and a birth certificate for Bella with your last name on it. Hang on girl. I love you.

Anonymous said...

You will get that call!! I will keep praying for ya'll and I am beliving this for ya'll! Like I have been telling you everyting will work out. We love you and I hope to see all of ya'll soon!!

The Frugal Countess said...

Oh God, please let Isabella Claire (Spanish name Spanish name) be "born" legally into the S. family on her first birthday!!! Give Amanda, Jeff and sweet little Jake, the precious boy who prayed for his sister's birth to be on his own birthday, a peace that surpasses all understanding on Thursday as they celebrate those 2 birthdays without their little Bella.

But let them rest in the knowledge that You, Father, are the author of creation and the maker of heaven and earth - who determined before the foundation of the earth was laid, the day, hour, minute and second when Bella would be united with her earthly family forever. Let me feel that and let it resonate through their spirits Thursday, and everyday until that precious baby is home. Amen.

((((((HUGS))))))))) I've been thinking about you all day today. I'm praying for a big finish, girl.

The Frugal Countess said...

And I mean to say "let them feel that" - I would like to feel that too (as we both know!LOL!) but I meant for you. ;-)

veggiemom said...

What an amazing story - gave me goose bumps. Hope you have the BC soon so you can bring that little one home.

Kerri and Ruby

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I will be praying!!!

Whitney said...

A BC would be a fabulous first birthday present!! Praying it comes!!!

The gFamily said...

I am so glad that Bella will be home soon! What an answer to prayer!! I will pray for Bella's BC to come on her 1st birthday!

Gretchen

Melissa said...

I am praying for the birth certificate to arrive on September 20! Happy Birthdays to Jake and Bella!

Kim Capello said...

We're praying hard for you guys and for that BC to arrive special delivery on Jake's Birthday!

Megan said...

What a great story to for her and Jake to be able to share! Will be praying for you all tomorrow! Praying that the BC is issued on Jake's birthday! It will be soon that you can all celebrate all these events together!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jake and Bella! I am praying for the BC to come through for their birthdays!

I cannot wait to see the post that you can go and bring that sweet baby home!

Jami said...

Amanda - I am praying for you and thinking of you often! I will also pray for sweet Jake that he will feel extra special on this birthday.

I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for that BC!!!
Hugs,
SBP :)