Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back up....

I know many of you are wondering what is going on. Well, we were one of the cases that was named in the article in the Prense Libre. Our case went through the judicial process that PGN is trying to have unapproved. When I found out, I decided it was best and safest to close my blog until I knew we were not one of the cases they were investigating. We were investigated, but by the grace of God, they did not choose to overrule the judge's decision. This has been a very long and trying journey. We have been out of PGN since Feb. and in with a FC judge since April. We went through 2 judges until we were finally approved this summer.

I found out on Monday that we have been submitted to the Civil Registry for a Birth Certificate. We should be getting it any day now. Please continue to pray. We have faced obstacles at EVERY turn. One day, I will share all of them with you and you will see what a MIRACLE it is that she lands in America!

I am amazed by the people that have contacted me this week showing their concern for us. My family and friends have been GREAT! I don't think I am able to wrap my brain around the fact that "strangers" care so much. But... this is a process that brings people together. It is an emotional roller coaster and I am so thankful to have you all along for the ride!

God has been good to us and I am beginning to see His hand at work, even through the turmoil. He has used it to stretch me, test me, and change me. I will admit that I failed many tests, but the thing I am most proud of is that I kept getting up and trying to pass more! My attitude was not always the best (okay, it was really bad at times), but I am not the same person I was when I started and I learned alot about myself. If I would have known that we were going to be dealt this hand, I would have told you that I will not survive it. People say "I don't know how you are doing this." All I can say is "the grace of God" and "the way I see it, I don't have a choice." I HAVE to keep going.

The BIGGEST thing I learned (and am still learning) is that HE is in control of my life and I am in control of my choices. Does that make sense? What I am trying to say, is that I realize I must relinquish MY desires and TRUST HIM. That is very hard for me. I like to control the circumstances in my life. This entire process has been OUT OF MY CONTROL and that is what I have fought so hard against. Have I conquered it? NO WAY!!!!!! But... I am a little bit more accepting of it and with each situation He places me in the future, I will get better.

Stay tuned for good news...

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am praying for you and your sweet Bella daily until she is safely in your arms (IN AMERICA!!!). You're right, we do GROW through experiencing the trials in life. In the future, when you look back on this last year or so, you will clearly see God's hand apparent in it all and be able to rejoice in the path your life has taken to bring sweet Bella into your family...no matter WHAT you had to go through to get her. God has VERY special plans for Bella and it will be wonderful to see her grow in the Lord! I'm looking forward to seeing Maddy and Bella together soon!!!
Love, Ellen (Kristin's mom)

Stacie said...

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda I can't tell you how it makes my heart feel to read these words! We are rejoicing with you and your family and praising God for all he has done! I just want to give you the BIGGEST hug right now! We will not stop praying for you, Jeff, and Bella, and everything about your case until you have that baby girl in your arms forever!!

To God be the Glory...GREAT things he has done...

Have an awesome day!
Stacie

veggiemom said...

I hadn't put you together with the article but glad to hear all is well. Hope you have the BC and then pink very soon.

Kerri and Ruby

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear everything is on the move. We are praying for you all the time!

Love you guys!
Kirk & Lilly and the boys!

Emily said...

I am so glad to see that your blog is back up. I was worried about you and your family, especially after I saw your name mentioned in the article. I am so glad that things have been resolved and you are waiting for your birth certificate. I pray that there will be no more obstacles for you and that Bella will be home very soon. It would be so great to meet you in GT. You have been such an inspiration to me thoughout this adoption process. Can't wait to read more great updates on Bella's case!
Love,
Emily

Jami said...

Amanda - God is so good!! I am so thankful to see good news!! You are an example to me and I am praying for you often!!

I love you!!!

Jennifer said...

Amanda -
From one control freak to (quite possibly) another... (?) adoption is one of the biggest tests of our FAITH. Don't you agree? But I certainly think that you have NOT failed - because anytime we learn something from an experience and become better for it - it is a success. You are an amazing person and have weathered an incredible storm. All of these things will make you stronger, better and more faithful to God. I had a really hard time not being angry even after our girls came home... and I almost let it turn into bitterness. I pray for you that you will draw all the positive out of this that you can... and let any anger go. That was a big mistake for me... and I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Also... I swore I'd never do THAT (adopt) again... and let's see... we are on adoption number 4! It's amazing how time and joy - and God's grace - can remove bitter memories and make you do things you said would NEVER happen.

God Bless You and your family. I can't wait to read more!!!!

Jill said...

I am soooo happy to see you are back and that things re moving in a better direction! GREAT! Keep us updated. We are thinking of you daily!

LouLou said...

Amanda,
AP has been so sick, and I have really wanted to call you! I only had a minute to check on the computer, and I find this great news!!!! I am just thrilled for you!!!!! AND BELLA!!!!!! Love you! Call me if you need me. AP is a little better, so I may could actually chat for a few minutes....

Melissa said...

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!

I was thrilled to come home from work and find this good news. I will continue to pray the rest of the process will go quickly and smoothly!

Shannon said...

We are thrilled for the movement in your case!! YAY!!!

Not long now. COME ON PINK!!!

Bekah said...

Oh Amanda....it does my heart good to hear that the Lord protected you guys once again. We continue to pray for you all and believe that sweet Bella will be in your arms soon. Love you!

FaceforGrace said...

Bless your heart...you've been through so much. Remember to keep letting Him "drive"...:)

Loves,
Holly

Whitney said...

I am so thankful that you were "spared"! God does give us grace we need for our road and no one else's, but that is so hard for someone looking on to understand. I pray for you daily!

Kim Capello said...

I'm so thankful for this news! You guys never leave our prayers! Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news!! Come on PINK!!!
SBP :)

Kim said...

I'm glad to hear this!! I hope your BC comes today and that you move on to the next step. There will be much rejoicing when you have that sweet baby in your arms forever.

Karen D. said...

Amanda,
I am praying for you guys!!!!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Terry said...

I was wondering what happened to the blog and am so glad you're back.

You know that you are all still in my prayers. I don't know if it would even be possible, but if there is ANY THING I can do here in Antigua to help in any way, please let me know.

Do you know what I am looking foward to? I'm really in the mood for a goog 'ol Louisiana seafood or cajun dinner with BOTH of our babies together. That's going to be an AWESOME day!

Megan said...

Praise God that you are back on track with bringing this little sweetie home. Your faith is inspirational and know even at our darkest moments, we are able to inspire each other and lift each other up. Once Bella is in your arms forver, this journey takes on a whole new level and you will clearly see why God has given this path...although so hard to see during the process. We will continue to pray your Bella home where she belongs...

Dena said...

I will be praying that Bella gets home fast - I was in PGN for 11 weeks (I think ) and got kicked out TWICE! I can't wait to hear the GREAT news!

Gail said...

PRAISE GOD!! I was wondering what happened to your blog. Oh, she will be home soon!
Gail

Candy said...

Well you know I am glad you are BACK...I was totally in a PANIC...when I tried to check your BLOG...Heres to GOOD NEWS till the end of your process...HUGS

Rose said...

Great to see the blog up and running!! Hoping to see pics of bella and her momma reunited soon!

Lori and Robby said...

Glad to hear your good news. I can't imagine how difficult this has all been for you. Just so thankful that your baby girl will be coming home soon! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Steve & Amy said...

Amanda,
Praise the Lord!!! We are doing a happy dance for you right now. We pray that Bella will be pretty in PINK soon and in your arms forever. Prayers, hugs & and LOUD hurray!!!

Andrea said...

I was a little worried when your blog went private, but I knew it had to have been a good reason. I am glad that things are FINALLY moving ahead, and you'll have your sweet daughter home SOON!!

Jenn said...

Shannon gave me your blog and mentioned that a couch in the background of our baby's pictures looks like the same one. I think our girls may be in the same hogar! If so, we are going for a visit Oct 6th. Maybe we can take some pictures of Bella for you! You can e-mail me at fjnunes@hotmail.com.

Justin said...

Much love and may God's peace continue to abound in you. He is sovereign and His perfect plan WILL PREVAIL! Praise God that you know Him more intimately because of these trials and will be an even better mom because of the ways He has grown you and streched you through this process.
Looking forward to good news!
Love, Angela (a friend of Kristin's)

Sarah said...

I hope that Miss Bella is home very soon!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Jodie said...

glad you're back up. Praying you'll be posting some goods news soon!!

love ya!