Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!

Happy birthday, my precious little ones.

Jake, I cannot believe you are 8 years old already! You are growing into such a wonderful young man. You make me laugh everyday. You are the light of my life and my heart. You are smart, kind, witty, and very good-looking. I admire your faith and ability to see the good in everyone and everything. God has BIG things in store for you and it is such a blessing to watch it unfold and be a part of helping you find your destiny in Him.

Isabella, I cannot believe that a year has already passed. We were hoping you would be here to celebrate your first birthday with us. We have missed so many firsts in your first year of life, but God has begun to show me the many more He will give to us. I do not understand His plan-- the whys of you not being here today, but I must trust that this is how it is supposed to be. God brought you into our lives and He will bring you home to us in His perfect timing. The thing that breaks my heart most is that you will be in the hogar in another country while we are here celebrating without you. But, my prayer is that God will wrap you tightly in His arms and love on you by His sweet Spirit in our stead. You will be here soon and we will make up for lost time. I have only been with you 3 short times, but I have fallen head-over-heels in love with you-- more each and every time. You are the daughter I prayed so long for. I know that today will be hard for your birthmom. I pray that the Lord gives her comfort and lets her know that you are loved by many and will be forever. God has BIG plans for you, Bella, and Daddy and I feel privileged and blessed to be able to guide you into your destiny. We are coming to you soon, my baby girl!

24 comments:

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!!!!!

Praying for a wonderful day and for Bella to be with you very soon!!

Much Love,
April

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Jake & Bella!!!

veggiemom said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!!!

Kerri and Ruby

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Jake and Bella!

Amanda, this was a very moving tribute to your two children on their birthdays. I pray that God will wrap his arms tightly around you today and give you joy and peace! I am praying you get that birth certificate today!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jake & Bella!!

Keeping y'all in our prayers!

Love,
Kirk, Lilly, Ethan & Corben

Lori and Robby said...

Happy Birthday, Jake & Bella! I am so excited for the day when this family is together at last and praying that it will be very soon!

Katie said...

Happy Bday Jake and Bella !!!! Bella, I hope you are home soon !

The Frugal Countess said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and baby Bella! Amanda, I know this is not how you had envisioned this day to be - I can only imagine the pain you are in today. I just wanted you to know that I am sending up lots of prayers for you on this bittersweet day. ((((((HUGS)))))) Much love, Steph :) :) :)

The Frugal Countess said...

And I think I might have overused the word "day" a bit in my last post. ;-)

Karen D. said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!

I am praying that you all will soon be a Forever Family!

Love,
Karen

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Jake and Bella!!!

Kim Capello said...

Have a wonderful and blessed birthday Jake and Bella! Love and prayers!

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday to both of your sweet children! It still amazes me what God did to answer Jake's prayer that his sister be born on his birthday. Amanda, I am praying for you guys and trusting that you will laugh a lot today with Jake and the Lord would give you peace in spite of the ache that is always present because of Bella being so far away still. Praying it is very, very soon that she will be home forever. I love you friend and am so thankful for your faith, your honesty in your struggles and your beautiful spirit that is so evident in everything you write.

Jennifer said...

Amanda -

Wea re all praying for little Miss Bella. I hope your son Jake has a great B-day!!!!

The gFamily said...

A big Happy Birthday to Jake and Bella! I continue to pray for Miss Bella to come home soon!

Mom 4 Kids said...

You seem very brave. Good for you!

This post made me remember you and Bella together last Oct. She was such a tiny thing with those big eyes looking up at Mama. You were holding her and talking to her. You and her were so involved in each other that you had no clue anyone else was around. It was such a sweet moment.

We are all praying and waiting for the news that Bella is home!

Shannon said...

Happy Happy Birthday to the Super Sibling Duo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!!!!!
SBP :)

Terry said...

Happy Birthday, Jake and Bella!

Amanda - I have been thinking about your family all day. I walked to the cross in Antigua today and while I was standing there, looking out over Antigua, I wondered how you were handling this day and prayed for your peace as well as Bella's continued safety. I know this was (is) a hard day for you, but there are so many more birthdays left to share. Next year, there's going to be a HUGE celebration! And maybe we can join you at Chuck E. Cheese. :)

Terry

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to my WONDERFUL cousins Jake and Bella (or Ella as I like to call you) I cannot wait to play with the two of you together. We will drive our parents NUTS!!! I love you and so does my mommy.

love you,
Your FAVORITE cousin Joel

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful children! Praying that BC is coming soon!

Stacie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Jake and Bella!!!

You all are so heavy on our hearts today. Praying you are ALL together VERY, VERY SOON!

We love ya!

Rose said...

Happy birthday to both of your sweet children. Hoping to see you all together at home soon!