Sunday, December 30, 2007

Anyone still read this blog?

I am not sure if anyone still reads this blog, but if you do... HEY!!!!!

I have not been a very good blogger since Bella came home. I know that so many of you were so good to me during our horrific process. I was encouraged and loved by so many and I don't want anyone to think I took that for granted and bailed once I got my precious baby girl home. It's just that, well, life with Bella and Jake has been WILD!!!-- in a good way! :)

She is walking... wrong... RUNNING everywhere. My mom and I laugh at her as we watch her roam around the house like a little old lady, seeing what she can knock down, pick up and throw or just get into. She is VERY inquisitive, much more than Jake was at her age. Jake is WIDE open, but I could leave him alone in a room and come back to find it just as it was when I left. NOT WITH ISABELLA!!!!! She will change it's appearance FAST!!!!

She is saying a few words.... Momma, Dada, Hello (with a palm-up, sideways wave), Bye Bye (with a backwards wave), and brover (brother). Let me tell you... she LOVES her brother!! He is the first face she looks for every morning and the first one to whom she gives her "loves"! It makes me so incredibly happy to see them chasing each other around my house and hear them laughing belly laughs! He ADORES her and strives to make her world PERFECT! In his eyes, Isabella can do NO wrong and he lets me know it. He calls her "Sweet Thing"!

She is attached to me!!!! If she could attach her body to me permanently, she would! Hey... I am not complaining. She loves her Daddy, but Mommy is her first choice... as it should be! :) She does not like to sleep, unless it is on me! I sometimes, feel like I am a human mattress.

I must admit, I was not expecting things to go as well as they have with her coming home at such a late age. I do get sad that I missed that very first birthday, but know that it was all in His perfect timing and He had a reason for it. I know that her coming into our family has changed my life FOREVER and has sparked something in me that I was not expecting. I will be posting more about that this week. I am not able to post pics... darn Blogger, but I will try to do so tomorrow and will promise to post more faithfully. I was considering going private or just quitting all together, but have decided to leave things as they are and continue on....


check back soon... if I still have readers, that is...

13 comments:

Baskets of Hope said...

Well you still have at least one reader here and suspect many others.

Don't worry about not being able to blog often. I think we all understand how wild things can be with kids.

So happy to hear that Bella has adjusted well and that everyone else in your family has adjusted to her. What a blessing!

Can't wait to see new pictures!

Terry

Jenn said...

I still read your blog and love hearing how you guys are doing! I am so glad everything is going well and can't wait to see new pictures!

Whitney said...

Welcome back! I am still checking, because you offer such godly encouragement! What a praise to hear Bella and Jake are just loving each other!

FaceforGrace said...

well the "sweet thing" nickname is the cutest...how precious! It brings tears to my eyes. It makes me wonder how things will be between Bayli and Grayci!

She is precious!

Loves,
Holly

Stacie said...

Girl, I am glad to know you are still ALIVE!! HaHa! I was just fixing to email you if you hadn't posted. I know what you mean about finding the time to blog now. IT IS SO CRAZY trying to blog with Allie around and she is CONNECTED to be as well. She won't let me out of her sight! I just have to tote her wherever I go. If I am doing laundry, well, I just put her in the laundry basket and keep on going. She thinks its funny!

I hope yall had a GREAT Christmas and an AWESOME new year!
Stacie

PS. Can't wait for Pics!!

Rosie's Mom said...

OH - you've got readers! I've just been waiting - and I get that you're busy. Take your time, just stick around.

Kim said...

I'm still here!! And yes, it does get more difficult once they are home. We all understand!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Even though I had been a lurker up until Bella came home, I still check out your blog for updates. I completely understand about not being able to post daily or even weekly! I have two daughters 5 and 2 1/2 that I stay home with. They keep me so busy that I am not able to update our picture calendar website daily either! Thank you for allowing me to take a peek at your beautiful family. You can see the love Jake has for Bella in his eyes in that one picture.

Happy New Year!

Stacy
in Richmond

JuJu - said...

like after all we have been through any of us would pack up and leave your blog;)

Julia:)

Emily said...

I'm still reading (or checking that is!). I'm glad things are going so well for your family. I loved the Christmas card. Thanks for sending it.

Anonymous said...

I am still checking. Maybe not as often but I do check in at least once a week.

I look forward to the pictures and seeing Bella so happy. Looks like she has adjusted really well and has been with you since birth.

I look forward to your postings as well there is usually something there that just fits for me that I relate to in my own life.

The Christmas card was awesome!!

Happy New Year and May God continue to Bless you and your family. Please pass on my wishes to your Mom and Dad.

Brenda

Megan said...

I am still here too...love to see the pictures of you all together!!! Both your kids are adorable! Happy New Year!!

Jill said...

You still have me here reading... just a bit busier now that Mo is home! I know that you understand! I can't wait to see your new blog! I just left Jodie a comment. How frustrating!!!!!!

I am here and will keep checking up on you! :-) Cute pics!