Tuesday, December 11, 2007

They are here!!!! and a prayer request for Lucas

The little boy in the picture is Lucas. He is my friend Jane's son that she has been trying to bring home for 2 years now. The little girl is Karly and she came home in October. Jane has a big ole Momma's heart and she has given a home to 4 Guatemalan girls and is in process with a precious little boy that enters PGN this week. Here is the problem with Lucas. He needs a COA issued by Friday before the judge goes on vacation until the first of the year. They told our attorney that they would not issue a court date to give the COA until August of 2008. In lieu of the Ortega Law passing today, August is too late and Lucas will not come home. Now, this case has gone through the Appeals Court and they ruled in favor of an abandonment decree being issued. The problem is the judge... he is not cooperating and wants to make things difficult.

Lucas has watched 3 other children make it home to Jane before him and she started trying to bring him home before any of these. This is heartbreaking. I had the privilege of spending a week with him and Jane in July and he stole my heart. He carries around a photo album of his family here and his house and his room. He just sat and looked at those pictures for hours in July. He also has a shunt in his head and it will need to be changed out next year, as well as needing a hernia surgery.

I tell you all of this because he needs a MIRACLE!!! I know times in Guatemala are not good right now for adoptions and all families need a miracle. But... please storm Heaven's gates for this little boy and his Mommy, Jane. She is torn up and just a mess. Imagine having to go tell him that he will never come home to the only Mommy he has ever known. He was brought to the hogar at only a few days old wrapped up because of his hydrocephalus and no one wanted him. Jane and her family wants him SO badly and he NEEDS them.

Please pray that the judge has a change of heart and give him the COA in the next 3 days before he leaves for vacation!!! I will keep you posted.

AND.......

Our Christmas cards just came in. If you have not already sent me your address and want one, please e-mail it to me. asalemi@cox.net








I will be sending them out this weekend!

9 comments:

JuJu - said...

Already on my knees for Lucas!

Dawn said...

Praying for this sweet boy.
d:)

Pattie M said...

Handsome Lucas is in our prays!!

Jenn said...

I am praying for this family and little boy!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

It just breaks my heart. I am covering them in prayer!

Andrea

Stacie said...

I will be lifting up Lucas and his family in mighty prayer! He is adorable and needs to come HOME!

Girl...you know I want one of your Christmas Cards!! I just ordered mine today, so be watching the mailbox!

Have a great day!
Stacie

Stacie said...

Ohhhh wait! I need your address! Email it to me when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your prayers! My Lucas has been declared Abandoned TODAY!!!!

God is SOOOO GOOD!!!!

Jane

Doripink said...

Got your Christmas Card!!!
Too Too Cute!