Saturday, December 8, 2007

Please pray...

for these precious baby girls and their families.

This is Eloisa and her parents are Drew and Bekah. They really need to hear that she is OUT of PGN. It has been a long and hard journey and it is overdue. I am committing my weekend to praying for them. Bekah is such a mighty woman of God, with such a sweet spirit and precious heart. I am amazed by her strength and wisdom and faith in the Lord. Please join with me and pray specifically for her file to be signed out of PGN this week.




This is Corynn. Her Mommy is Jodie and she lives in my town. We have become really good friends. She got released from PGN on Oct. 30- the day Bella came home! She still does not have a Birth Certificate because it is coming from Mixco and the officials there have decided not to release any until they "approve" the cases. Now, mind you she made it through PGN in 8 weeks without a kick out and Barrios approved it with NO problem. It is not the Civil Registry's job to approve cases, but in Guatemala they do what they want to do, regardless of the law and others suffer for it. It will be 6 weeks this Tuesday since her approval and she is no closer to being home. She will be 1 year old on Jan. 4 and if that BC is not given, she will miss Christmas with her family (2 big brothers that are anxiously awaiting her arrival!) and her first birthday... all over some person that is doing something totally illegal and nothing is being done about it! Please pray specifically for her BC to be released this week. Enough is enough. You can imagine how her parents are hurting.


I know there are so many people waiting for their children to come home. I am praying for you daily. My heart breaks for the condition of Guatemalan adoptions right now. Please know that you are not forgotten and that my family prays for all of you each night. As I check the blogs that I read each day, I pray for each of you before going on to another blog. I am believing that the officials in Guatemala will do the right thing and that their hearts will be turned toward the children and not political agendas. If you are a reader of my blog and would like for another family to lift your adoption up in prayer, please leave me a comment and I promise you it will be done daily until your children are home.

14 comments:

Jodie said...

A- thank you so much. I'm reading this at work right now with tears in my eyes. Your prayers mean so much! maybe the 11th will be "our day" after all...just not for what I thought. love ya

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I will be praying for both of these families. I agree about Bekah. I met this family in GC and they are awesome people.

Anonymous said...

This is Amanda's sis. I will be in prayer along with my sister for all of you who are still waiting for babies. I have a friend who is also from Guatemala who had this letter posted on her myspace page. I just wanted to share it with you for a little encouragement.
Laurie

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across this poem/letter on an adoption forum that I am a memebr of and it was really touching - it portrays many of the emotions we are feeling during this process. I hope you enjoy...

Dear God,
Please bring my beautiful baby home to me soon,
I need to rock her 'neath the light of the moon,
I need to kiss her warm soft, sweet face,
I want to teach her of your love and grace.
She needs to know I'm her parent for keeps,
She needs to know I'll watch while she sleeps.
I know you've a plan, you're much wiser than I,
But I fear you've forgotten, as time passes by.
I'll watch for a sign and I'll know that you're there,
I'll pray for some news and remember you care.
Love,
-A Waiting Parent

Dear Waiting Parent,
You think that the process moves slowly, not surely,
I promise it's both, but change mustn't come early.
Your faith must be strong, open and steady,
Your baby will be here, but not till I'm ready.
I'll never forget you; I do have a plan,
Not easily understood by mere man.
While you are here waiting for news you can share,
A foster family waits for pain they must bear.
To your wonderful child, they must say good-bye,
You know, to them, time really does fly!
Think of them as you wait and prepare,
Pray for their strength; be grateful they're there.
I'm with them too, just as I am with you.
I know how it is to be far from your child,
I want to hold YOU and make all your fears mild.
Believe, little one, that the sun is my kiss,
Believe that you'll share so much more than you'll miss!
Your baby is coming home to you soon!
Hold her, kiss her, 'neath the light of My moon.
Love,
-God

Even if your babies are not in foster care, this letter from God is so true. Keep waiting!!!!

Anonymous said...

The previous comment was left by Amanda's sister Laurie. My friend is in the earlier stages of adoption and she could use all of the prayers she can get. Her name is Jill and her little girl's name is Claudia.

Becca said...

Wow - it seems like there are many prayer requests going out today. I am making my list and adding these families to it.

Love the poem...

Kim Capello said...

I pray these sweet babies are home where they belong soon! May God bless and protect them until they are!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I too am praying and know that God will answer our prayers in his timing. The poem above is just beautiful.

Andrea

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for praying for all of us still waiting. We were kicked out of PGN twice and hoping that this third time around will do it! We have been back in for a week and we are with the second reviewer. Please pray that we will be out and that the rest of this crazy process will go smoothly. Thank you again!
Carrie, Mary Sofia's mommy
www.thebernardfamily.blogspot.com

Nat said...

Any prayers you could give us would be greatfully appreciated! We are in pgn currently. Had one kick-out already. This process is so very difficult and I hope everyone with a blog knows that your willingness to share with the world is so very helpful to others in your same situation. Thank you for that!

The gFamily said...

Thank you so much for your prayers! They mean so much!! I know Gillian is still very young, but I am so scared with everything that is going on with Guat adoptions right now. My faith and trust are growing, though, and I know God is in control. That is what is giving me peace right now!

Thanks again for your prayers and I know you truly understand!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the prayers! I too am praying for all families adopting from Guatemala. The wait is so hard especially when there are so many uncalled for set backs. We have been kicked out of PGN once and we are back on the 2nd reviewers desk. We were hoping to have Claudia home for Christmas - but now that is not going to happen. Her 1st birthday is fast approaching so we are praying that she will be here by then. I check this blog from time to time and it gives me the strength I need to hold on. God Bless you all....Jill

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

You are amazing.....and so encouraging! Thank you for your prayers. I am praying for all of these families as I pray for Eliana and Xiomara.

Love,
Lindsey

Whitney said...

We prayed for sweet Bella to come home and He heard our prayers! He will be faithful to answer prayers for all the little ones waiting still!