Monday, December 3, 2007

Continuing Traditions...


For as long as I can remember, my parents would give me and my sister a Christmas ornament on my birthday. It was always an exciting time... more than my actual present... to see what ornament they would give us. Sometimes it would be something to remind us of something important from the year or just something unique. They always picked PERFECT ones! Then when I got married and left home, I had ornaments to decorate my own tree.


I have been doing it for Jake and was SO excited that Bella was home to share in our family tradition! This year, I found the PERFECT one! It is from the Hallmark Keepsake Collection. It is called "Forever Family." I tired to put it down here, but Blogger was not cooperating... um, imagine that?! :) It says: " 2007 Connected with a bond of belonging-- forever family."
It is our family ornament this year. So... do you think I did a good job carrying on my parents' tradition?
I spent the day shopping with my baby girl. We bought her some new Robeez and she was quite proud of them. She showed them to everyone that would look and clapped as they oohed and aahed over them. My daddy bought us steaks and Jeff grilled them. It was a GREAT birthday and I will never forget it. BELLA IS HOME!!!!! BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!
Sorry, no pictures of the night, we forgot. Santa came by on the fire truck through our neighborhood and through the kids candy. I remember thinking last year that Bella would be here for it this year and she was. It was the best!


11 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad to see that Bella understands the importance of cool new shoes already. :)

I also love that ornament.

Terry said...

This is a tradition in my family, too, that I'm so happy to carry on with Tommy. I had been thinking about getting another forever family ornament for him this year, but just saw this one at Hallmark a couple of days ago and may get it instead. Great tradition and great ornament!

Happy birthday, a little late! Glad you had a wonderful day!

Terry

Pattie M said...

Sounds like you had a Wonderful Birthday. The Ornament thing is great, we do that with our kids also. I think I enjoy it more than they do...LOL. I'm on the hunt for a Cheerleader ornament that I just can't seem to find.
Thanks for sharing the Forever Family ornament, that will be a great gift for my friend who's daughter came home in October.
I'm off to Hallmark!!!

Kim Capello said...

What a sweet and wonderful tradition! The pictures below are beautiful! She is so happy and well adjusted!

Karen D. said...

I bought that same ornament for Abbie! It's hanging on our tree. My friend, Andrea had to buy one too! It was also featured in Adoptive Families magazine! So Cool!

Hugs!
Karen

Whitney said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a special Christmas this is for your family!

Melissa said...

We have a tradition of receiving a new ornament each year from our parents too. I am looking forward to starting that tradition with my daughter.

Donna said...

Oh, my mom did that too. And I didn't know about the Hallmark Forever Family ornament. Thanks for the info!!

Sarah said...

The ornament is perfect! I need to go out and find one too! We have the same tradition and now need two trees just to get them all up!

Sarah

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Yes I also love the ornament it it hanging front and center on my tree. I am so happy you had a wonderful B-Day. This Holiday season is the best for a lot of us!

Andrea

Jami said...

That IS a perfect ornament! Both Clint and I always got ornaments every year too! We need to start this with our kids! Great ideas! :)