Monday, December 3, 2007

Here they are....

First things first...

"Have you heard? LSU is going to play Ohio State for the National Championship!!! How 'bout them Tigers?!

Now... Bella update... she is walking- NO more crawling. She just cruises around the house seeing what kind of mess she kind make! In one month, she has begun walking, got her first haircut, gone to the park, done LOTS of shopping and eating out, starting saying some English words, helped Daddy and Jake put Christmas lights on the tree, started eating some table food, gained over 1 pound, and learned to drink out of a straw! She has been busy!!!!!

I get so overwhelmed and emotional each time I hold her and look at her. During our adoption, I did not give much thought to her birth mom, but while we were on pickup, I was able to read her social worker report and learn more of her situation. Something changed in me at that moment and I began to truly realize how much love this woman had for this precious baby girl. I mean, as a mom to Jake, I cannot imagine how I would live day to day not knowing who had my baby, where they lived, what kind of life he was living and yet, Bella's birthmom does this daily. I hope to be able to instill a love for her in Bella. She truly gave the ultimate sacrifice of a mother's love to my daughter and for that I will forever be grateful. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and pray for her.

We are going to be getting Christmas pictures done this week for our Christmas cards. I did not do cards last year since my other child was not home. It just did not feel right. I found the cutest dress for the occasion and cannot wait for everyone to see them. If you want one, please e-mail me your address. My e-mail address is asalemi@cox.net

Now on to more pics of my precious children (I love the sound of that... "children"!)

Holding Daddy's hand while she sleeps!


My sleeping beauty.

My sleeping beauties! Notice her hand on her big brother's arm. She sleeps like that with him.



First haircut... not too sure.

Trying to get Daddy to save her.

This is the kind of mess she "finds" when she cruises the house. This child LOVES to unroll toilet paper. I got smart, after this one, and removed it and put it where she could not reach it! We found some in her mouth!


This is her newest thing... when she sees a camera, she gives this cheesy grin as her pose. We got to work on that or there will be no modeling career in her future! LOL

Playing with Daddy. She just started sticking her tongue out ALL of the time.


She loves to jump on Daddy's belly and hear him moan.
I admit, I have been really lazy with taking pictures. I will be more diligent this week and get some better shots. Today is my 35th birthday and I am so excited she is here to celebrate. Jeff took me out to the Melting Pot Friday night. We left both kids with my parents. It was the first time I left her with anyone except Jeff and I only did that the day after Thanksgiving for Christmas shopping. She did great! I had a harder time, though! LOL :) Anyway, normally, I would not be happy about turning 35 (30 hit me REALLY hard), but having Bella home has brought me a contentment that I have not had for a while. Jeff is cooking steaks and my dad is coming over to eat. I will post pics of the very special occasion.
Hope everyone has a GREAT Monday!










24 comments:

Jodie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :) Love all of the pictures!

Jodie said...

PS: GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! I have Corynn's cheerleader outfit ready!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Love the new pictures!

d:)

The Frugal Countess said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a little something coming your way - be on the lookout! ;-)

P.S. Jake and my boys have the same shower curtain and Bella and Mimi have the same monkey nightgown too! :)

P.P.S. Joel was cursing Jeff yesterday after the BCS announcement! ;-)

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday!! I love seeing all the pictures and hearing about how well Bella is adjusting. It encourages me for the future!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Great pictures of your children and family. Wow, Miss Bella is sure active and on the move. Maybe she can motivate Miss Ava to get off her tush and walk! I'm so glad that your baby is home and your family complete, enjoy Your Day!

Lori and Robby said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great day with your husband and your CHILDREN!

Cindy said...

¡Feliz CumpleaƱos!

Great photos!

Kim said...

Ok - here we go!!

GO BUCKS!!!! BEAT THE TIGERS!!! ;)

You know I'm right there with you on the birthmom thing. I still get teary at least once a week thinking about her.

A little paper in her mouth shouldn't be too bad - at least she got her fiber for the day. :)

I love the pics!! She looks so happy.

And last but not least - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Unknown said...

Have a great day Birthday Girl!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Happy Birthday!! I love that dress in the first pictures. Your kids are so adorable.

Gail said...

The pictures are great!! I especially love the two sleeping beauties.
Happy Birthday!!
Gail

Pattie M said...

Happy Birthday!!! We hope all your birthday wishes come true!!!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday!

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. You deserve to party!!! It's been quite a year. Could you email me your address? I know I asked for it before but I can't find it. Thanks. I think you have my address and I would love a Christmas card of your precious kiddos. Amanda, those pictures of your beautiful children sleeping brought immediate tears to my eyes. The one of Bella by herself is breathtaking. I just can't think of anything more precious than a sleeping child and the one of her with her hand on her big brother is too much. Love and hugs to you today!

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Happy, Happy Birthday...I am sure it is a very special one with your 3 favorite people by your side!!

Secondly, let me just say, you probably know we are huge Auburn fans....but I have to say we are pulling for LSU all the way on this one!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

And lastly, we would love to exchange Christmas cards with you guys!! Here is my email address:

wareaglereed@comcast.net

Send me your address and I will reply back and send you ours!!

:)April

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

OK so you can clearly see that I totally missed the part where you said EMAIL you our address, sooo that is what I will do. Sorry!!

:)April

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda! It is so good to hear that you are in such a content place in life.

I love all the pics, and it looks like Bella is adjusting fabulously!

Jami said...

Great pics! She is adorable! And Oh how I can relate to the toilet paper situation!! Hudson adores the bathroom - toilet, toilet paper, opening cupboards and pulling out our toothbrushes! We have to keep doors shut at all times!! :) Praising God our babies are home! :)

Love you!

Jami said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! :)

Steve & Amy said...

Happy Birthday! GREAT pictures!

FaceforGrace said...

Happy Birthday. Trust me..you do NOT look 35! Wow, I wouldn't have even guessed 30 yet! I'm so happy that all is going so well for you! You guys look and seem so happy...how wonderful!

Love,
Holly

Kimmie said...

Your Bella is so sweet- did you make her Bella dress? (love it!)

Glad she is in your arms and that this Christmas you will be celebrating together.

Kimmie
mam to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted