Friday, October 26, 2007

Embassy Day!

We had our embassy appointment this morning. We were there for 3 hours and she was a dream baby! The only time she fussed was if Jeff looked at her, tried to talk to her, or got in her personal space. Which by the way, her idea of her personal space is MUCH larger than the average persons! :) Jeff had to sleep on the couch because I put her in the bed with us and every time she would roll over and see him, she would start to scream. I felt bad, but I needed to sleep no matter the cost to him! LOL The night before we left, I only got 1 1/2 hours of sleep. It was a very spontaneous trip! I KNOW we had the favor of God in this step! Tonight I got a crib and she is sleeping like an angel in it and Jeff will get to sleep in the bed! :) He is very excited!!!

I can honestly say that as I walked away from the last window, I felt like my old self instantly! It was as though I left the weight of this adoption at that window. I know many people have said that it was non-eventful and unemotional for them, but for me it was very emotional. I did not cry, but my eyes teared up and my heart was light. "Thank you Father for bringing us through this and to the promise you had for our family. Thank you for giving us strength during those difficult times and for carrying us when we were too weak to walk the path you set us on. Thank you for our little miracle. She is perfection!"

Now, attachment... she is doing great with me. She has excellent eye contact, smiles at me often, is very playful and LOVES to give me kisses!!! She is a good eater, too. All along I have suspected that she may have a milk-protein intolerance. However, because she was in the hogar, I was unable to have her formula changed. I took the advice of my friend, Stephanie, and started her on Nutramigen to see if I noticed a difference. I can say that my suspicions seem to have been correct! There are quite noticeable differences. It seems to be healing her digestive tract and we will continue her on it for the next few weeks and then slowly introduce her to soy products. She is not a picky eater, either. She will eat anything I give her.

She is sleeping much better than she did on all of my other visits. She only woke up once in the night for a diaper change. Tomorrow we will try to go the the artisian market and get a few things to bring back.

"Jake, we miss you like CRAZY!!!! I cannot wait for you to hold your baby sister!!! Only a few more days. I will be ready for you to run into my arms.... I need your hugs and kisses. I love you to infinity and more....."

Now, here are a few pics of her in her embassy outfit.... I will do a better job of taking more pictures this weekend. Now, that we are done, it will be less stressful and more enjoyable... so keep on stopping by! And please, pray for her to begin to turn her heart toward Jeff. I know it will get better and time will help, but I also know how badly he wants to love on her and play with her and can't. It is hurting my heart for him. Thanks!


14 comments:

Rosie's Mom said...

I'm so happy for you guys - and happy everything is going so well. Love the embassy outfit. Can't wait to see pics of her at home - and enjoy your weekend. Have fun!

Jennifer said...

Amanda -
SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. It will get better - tell Jeff. Ali only wanted me... Rachel only wanted Tim and McCaleb didn't want Tim in the same ROOM even. But it will get better. It's actually harder I think to be the one that watches your spouse be rejected. She will warm up - and life is going to be WONDERFUL! God is so faithful and good!

Stacie said...

We are so glad everything went well at the embassy! Breathe in....Breathe Out....YOU'RE ALMOST HOME! We are so glad Bella is doing so well, and we will be praying that God will ease her little heart closer to Jeff everyday. Hope you have a blast the rest of your trip! Can't wait to see more!

We love you!
Jerry and Stacie

Melissa said...

Bella is such a pretty girl all dressed up for the embassy.

I am so happy you are free of the burdens you have been carrying for so long. I guess it is true that all the pain and frustration of the process are gone once your child is with you.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Guatemala, and have a safe trip home!

FaceforGrace said...

Wow...she is so beautiful! I can't wait for the day that I get to leave the stress and worry behind...that sounds so heavenly. I bet you will be and feel like a whole new woman! Enjoy this time together...I'm sure she'll begin warming up to Jeff within a day or so. By the way, tell him he's lucky there was a couch available...he could have been on the floor, right? :) Keep the posts and updates coming...we need to know and see! Love you guys!

Love,
Holly

Bekah said...

Congratulations friend! What a HUGE relief. She's yours...finally...forever. Praise Jesus! We'll be praying that by the time you come home she will be daddy's girl and be melting in his strong arms. I'm sure that is hard but praise the Lord she has such a strong connection with you already! Love to you!

Dawn said...

Praying for all of you as you adjust to this new little person in your lives. :)
d

Karen D. said...

Amanda,
I had the same feelings as you at the Embassy! Somehow being there made Abbie's adoption real!

I will be praying for all of you and her attachment to her daddy!!

God is sooo good!!

Love and prayers,
Karen

The gFamily said...

Bella is beautiful! I am so glad that this journey is over and you can take your sweet girl home! Your only weight now will be when you carry Bella around! :) Ahhhh, sounds nice!

I am sure she will warm up to Jeff a little more each day! She has the rest of her life with you to do just that! I love the end and new beginning to this story! It warms my heart! I am looking forward to more pictures! Keep it up!! :)

God is faithful!

Kim Capello said...

She'll be Daddy's little girl in no time. Jeff is a charmer and I have much faith in his ability to win her over in no time. But once that first little smile heads Jeff's way, she'll have him wrapped up like a Christmas present. Strike that, she probably already does! ;)

I'm so glad your struggles are finally over and Bella is in her arms where she needs to be. I wore pink yesterday, following Brenda's suggestion! Looking forward to Tuesday night!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, she is ADORABLE!!!!! We will keep praying for the bond between her and Jeff. It WILL come!!! She is so lucky to have you guys, and she will realize that VERY soon and take to Jeff. See ya'll soon!
Ashley & Dan

Emily said...

I'm glad the Embassy appointment went well. Just wait until they hand you the visa packet, what a great feeling! Have a great weekend enjoying your daughter and her birth country.

Sarah said...

She IS perfection!! I am catching up on your posts and am so thrilled that your journey to your sweet Bella is over and your life with her forever begins.

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

PS... LOVE her bows!

Kimmie said...

Your daughter is SO beautiful...

12 years ago we adopted from Hungary, a 15 month old baby girl. My heart was a little broken that she wasn't younger, looking back she was such a wee one. I wish now that I hadn't had those thoughts of 'wishing' her younger, but instead had just been thankful that she was NOW mine forever. (*I had many years of infertility, which was why I so longed for a "baby")

May God richly bless you! Your Bella is a doll (my oldest, 16 is a "Bella" too!) Her eyes say so much!

Kimmie in Ct
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted