Friday, November 2, 2007

First morning at home

She woke up her brother really early.


First time seeing her room!

"WOW! I LOVE it!"





Somebody taught her how to "love the baby". This is what she did when I told her to love her baby. She is a genius!



Giving Jake kisses.

My 2 angels!


As you can see, she is adjusting quite well. It truly is as though she has been here forever! God has been so faithful. She has become quite the "Daddy's girl", also. She is on the verge of walking. She says "hola" and "da da". I am working on "Momma" and hope to have that accomplished next week while Jake and Jeff are gone! :)
We went to my school today. They had a pep rally and little Miss was clapping and cheering with the best of them. She, of course, charmed everyone she came in contact with. She had her first doctor's appointment this morning. She weighs 20 lbs. 13 oz. and is 31 inches long. She got a flu shot and was quite the trooper. Jake got one also and in keeping with our family tradition, both angels got a toy at Toys R Us for enduring the shots! We are off to my nephew's 2nd birthday party tomorrow. I will have lots of pics to post.
Tomorrow LSU will beat Bama and Bella has a new dress to celebrate the occasion... stay tuned....










20 comments:

Stacie said...

LSU will beat Bama? Oh we'll see about that...we've got a dress for ALLIE that will celebrate the occasion! ROLL TIDE!!!

So GLAD Bella is adjusting so well! She seems to love her room....AND her big brother!!

Have a great weekend!
Jerry and Stacie

Beya said...

It is so cute to see your two angels together!!! I love it! Kathy (Cameo's Mom)

Kim Capello said...

GEAUX TIGAH'S!!!

You and Jeff are so blessed Amanda, two such beautiful and precious children! What I can see of it, I LOVE her room! Please post more pics so we can get a better look!

Jodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie said...

Geaux Tigers, Beat Bama!!!

Looks like she's having a great time in her new home! Can't wait to see her LSU dress!

Bekah said...

the pictures of those two on the coach are so sweet. it looks like she is doing amazing! so happy, happy, happy for you!

JuJu - said...

I can't for the life of me look at your blog now without tearing up with HAPPY tears! It makes me just stop and praise the Lord to know she is really home;)

JUlia:)

Terry said...

Get that dress ready, momma....we're getting closer to tonight's win by the second!

Bella looks very comfortable in her new home. So glad she is adjusting quickly and very well.

Hugs!

Terry

Dawn said...

Isn't it amazing how you dream and dream about those moments, and then suddenly you HAVE those pictures?!?!? I am so happy for you my friend. Precious..
d:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS - what LITTLE I can see of her room (hint, hint) is precious! And naturally LSU will beat Bama - Nick Saban is NOT my favorite for what he did to my beloved Miami Dolphins.

Enjoy the birthday party! And your salon day! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo S

Doripink said...

Amanda,
She is so beautiful and always looks so happy! On Annalise's adoption annoucements we wrote:
"Our prayers, Our patience, Our Faith Rewarded..." Everytime I look at Bella and think about the journey God put you on I think about that saying...Your prayers, patience and Faith were truly rewarded. God Bless.
Hugs-
Dori

Karen D. said...

Looks like things are going great!
Abbie has that exact same Leap Frog table! She loves it and so do I! I can take it with us when we go places that may not have kiddie toys!

Love,
Karen

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

I agree with you....if Auburn can't beat LSU then neither can Alabama!!! Go tigers.....knock Nick Saban right off his pedestool!!

You all look great together!! Glad Bella is adjusting so well....our Mia was the same way!!
What a blessing!!!

Jami said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! I'm so glad to see that she is adjusting so well! Praise the Lord! Can you believe this is actually happening?!!

I love you!

Gail said...

Bella is such a happy little girl. I am glad she is adjusting well and loving her new home and family.
Gail

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

It just makes my heart dance to see her at home.

Jennifer said...

Amanda...
It is so wonderful to see her home... and to see that LIGHT IN HER EYES!!!

Enjoy...

Kristin said...

I LOVE that "post shot" tradition!!! We just may have to "borrow" that one, too...once we have a bit more cash on hand!!! ;)

Love you!
Kristin

Stacie said...

Ah well...we tried! If Bama had a different QB, it'd be a DIFFERENT STORY!!! Haha, just kidding. LSU's an awesome team, and I'm just glad Bama held it close! Roll Tide anyway!

Jerry

Jenn said...

It is so cute to see the two of them together! Her room is cute!