Thursday, November 1, 2007

Homecoming and Halloween

Jake waiting for his baby sister to arrive.


Jake and Bryson getting ready to welcome Bella to the U.S.
Jake was the first person to welcome Bella home. (Thanks, Kim, for capturing this moment so perfectly!)


Bella could not take her eyes off of Jake.



Bella meeting McKenna for the first time. Our friends, Keith and Roxanne adopted McKenna a few years ago and it was at their house back in April of last year, that we decided to take the step of faith on the road to our daughter! Thanks, guys, for coming to the airport to welcome Bella home. It mean so much to us.



Bella with her Daddy!

This was the first time that Bella and her cousin, Joel, got face to face. Joel has waited anxiously for her to arrive. He used to put her picture album next to him on the sofa with it opened up to her pictures and let her "watch" t.v. with him!

Bella with her Poppa (my daddy) for the first time!


Bella with her Bubbles (my mom) for the first time.

Bella and Mommy!




Everyone (about 50- 60 people) met us at the airport. They were all awaiting our arrival at the top of the escalator. We let everyone else off the plane before us. Bella was quite the celebrity on that flight. She waved and told everyone "Hola!" as the exited. My sister, Laurie, said that people were passing through our crowd telling them that they had already met Miss Bella! The stewardess said she did not know we were carrying a celebrity on the plane! LOL As we came through the gate, the flashed started going off, people started yelling "I see her!" and the crying started for some. I was doing fine until I saw Jodie (Corryn's mom) holding a sign that said "welcome home, Bella, and ...". She then turned the sign around to reveal that "Corryn is OUT!!!" that's right, on the day Bella came to the U.S., Corryn got released from PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That set my tears aflowing!!! Bella went from person to person until 10:00 that night. She collapsed in her crib and slept until 8:30 the next morning. I will post pics tomorrow (or tonight) of the storks my parents and my friend, Ashley, had delivered in my yard. I will also post more about other nice things we got from friends and family. I hope these pics will tide you all over until Miss Bella goes to sleep.

Our descent down the escalator. The security guard told us we had to move the party downstairs






We took the kids to a Fall Festival. Bella was a ladybug and Jake was Wolverine, from the XMen. I want to send a BIG thanks to Ashley and Addi for finding these costumes last minute for me. We left in such a hurry for Guatemala on such short notice, that I did not have costumes. We were not anticipating Bella being home for Halloween. (You were right, Steph!!!!!)







Jake, as Wolverine!



Bella has wings




Mom of 2!

Sorry it took so long to get these posted. Life with 2 kids and a husband is quite different! LOL I will post more home pics and updates on our adjustment. It is going GREAT!!!!







































34 comments:

JuJu - said...

I have been quite the stalker waiting to see these pics! I admit - I am one rpoud cyber aunt to see that baby girl HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is so faithful

JUlia:)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I been stalking your blog like a mad woman. Now I am sitting her in tears. I am sooooo happy for you. Welcome home!!!

Jodie said...

:)))) I'm so glad I got to be there when she came home forever!! & that we can tell the girls the story of her coming home the same day Corynn was released from PGN...until they're tired of us telling it. LOL! Can't wait to see ya'll next week for shopping!!

Gail said...

Okay. Made me cry. So glad you are home and had a wonderful homecoming.

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

I too have been stalking waiting to see these pictures!!! Thank you so much for posting. It is wonderful to see you all home together at last!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

Katie said...

Welcome Home and thanks for sharing your journey with us !!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures. I needed a box of tissues though!! I am so happy for all of you. What a wonderful homecoming for Beautiful Bella. Love the shot and caption "Mommy of Two"!! I am a wife and a mother to two wonderful daughters 5 and 2.

Life is good! Thank you for letting me take a peek at you beautiful family.

Welcome Home to all of you!!

Stacy
in Richmond, VA

Stacie said...

WELCOME HOME BELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are SOOOOO LOVED!

So glad things are going great with all the family together AT LAST! Make our hearts smile to finally see it!

That is SO FUNNY the security guards made you move the party! HEY, THAT PARTY WAS A LONG TIME COMING!!! We SO WISH we could have been there!!

Can't wait to hear more!
Jerry and Stacie

FaceforGrace said...

Sorry we coudn't be there, but welcome home! I've been checking constantly for updates. We love you guys and are so happy for you!

Love,
Jason Holly and Bayli

Kim Capello said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to that glorious celebration at the airport! It was truly an honor to be there and see that sweet baby home at last! Jake was so proud of his sister and the look on his face when he saw you guys bring her home was PRICELESS!

Rose said...

Welcome home BELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she looked absolutley beautiful as a lady bug!

Krystal said...

Welcome home Bella!!! Congratulations to the entire S family - you look perfect as a family of 4 :)

Kristin said...

What cuties!!!! I am so, so, so glad we have our babies home at last!!!!! Isn't it wonderful doing the little everyday things with them?? Just going to Sonic now is more fun!! The only thing that would make that better is going with you and Bella--and, yes, you can get EXTRA ice! ;)

We love you guys so much and hope to see you in just a few short weeks....Lord willing!!!

Bear hugs and kisses to Bella and Jake,
Kristin, Greg, Maddy and Duke

Steve & Amy said...

Oh I have tears of joy streaming down my face. We are SOOO happy for you!!! Bella is home! Welcome home! Enjoy the new chapter in your life that has just begun as a family of four:))

Melissa said...

Bella is the cutest little ladybug ever!

Thank you for sharing these homecoming pictures. It is so wonderful to see you all together in the US. You brought tears of joy to my eyes!

Jenn said...

It is so great to see all of you guys together as a family! Welcome home!!!

Crystal said...

Hey I have to tell you the past week I have been stalking your blog!!! And when I come I have had tears everytime!!!! Amanada--girlie I am just soooo sooo happy for you!!! I am soooo soooo happy to see you and Bella together forever!!!! PRAISE JESUS YOUR SWEET BABYGIRL IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS--Soooo much love to you and your family!!!

ps--I know you are probably soo busy--Thank you sooo much for sharing with us --I am just loving your pictures!!! :O)

Unknown said...

Hooray!!! So great to see the pictures of Bella's homecoming, Jake looks so excited. Loved the Halloween costumes--but most of all, love the fact that she is HOME!!!

Jenny and Matt said...

Hooray!
We're so glad to see your family together in the US!

Bekah said...

Welcome home Miss Bella!!! I am just sitting here crying like I was there. She is a miracle. Her being home is a miracle. Congratulations sweet family!!!

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Jake looks so so happy to be a big brother to his sweet little Bella!!
These pics are wonderful, ones you will treasure for ever!!!

The ladybug costume is soooo cute and my son especially likes Jake's Wolverine costume. He is the same age as Jake. His name is Riley.

Congrats on your homecoming!!!
You guys look so HAPPY together!!
:)April

Dawn said...

Umm...ok, now I'm a big puddle of tears on the floor! My goodness that is awesome!!! I cried as I saw the pictures of your little guy waiting and waiting, and then again when I saw him looking at Bella. Oh my word....

What a beautiful, beautiful family!

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d:D

Kristin said...

Just wanted to say how much I love those two little kiddos!!!!

Miss you guys BIG TIME...

Hugs,
KC

Jill said...

THis is SO EXCITING! Thank you for taking the time to post - we all know how busy you must be! How FUN FUN FUN! You brought tears to my eyes with the "mother of 2" comment - oh, my, that will be me soon! Hard to believe - are you still pinching yourself???? :-)

Mama Bunny said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes!!!!! I am so happy for you.

BTW, I love your hair!

Anonymous said...

HELLO, from Minnesota!

...and congratulations! I've been waiting for these photos to hit your blog. We're praying for a Christmas homecoming for our Isabela...and it's so encouraging to see your pics and know that it REALLY DOES HAPPEN! Have a great first-few-weeks together! The holidays are going to be wonderful this year.

Kari and Dave Kahl

Karen D. said...

Glad to see the Homecoming and Halloween pics! I am SO glad that Bella is finally at home wher she belongs!!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Ashley said...

I am crying tears of joy for you right now. OH HOW MARVELOUS!

burpittyburp said...

Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to your family:) ENJOY!!!!

Becca said...

What a wonderful, wonderful day. I remember arriving at the airport to family and friends - what a special moment! You have TWO beautiful children.

The Wilkens Family said...

Yeah! So glad your home! Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I had to leave this message on your blog. You look so happy after so... long. I can't tell you how happy I am for you, Jeff and Jake. You all make such a cute family! Lexi and I will always hold a very special place for you and your family in our hearts, because "I" shared so many of your tears and prayers! God has come through for us and our beautiful daughters are home at last. I told Lexi again last night that Bella was home and I am now attempting her to pray. She did blow a kiss when I told her though. Keep in touch. We love ya! Tina and Lexi

Megan said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! So great to see her home and in your arms where she belongs!!!! Congratulations to all of you!! So amazing to see Jake and her together!!!! Best!!!!

Sarah said...

So happy you are home and had quite the welcome!!

Bella is just too beautiful!! And, I love the picture of her brother and she gazing at each other... so precious!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug