Monday, March 5, 2007

Back to a somewhat normal life...

Right now we are waiting to see if we were resubmitted to PGN yet. Our attorney was supposed to have had our PA picked up at the window by her runner on Friday. I am waiting to hear from our adoption coordinator as to if that actually happened. I know both her and our attorney have been very busy with all of the particulars of the Protocolo. I am hoping the old saying "no news is good news" holds true for this. I will definitely let everyone know as soon as we are told.

I went back to work today. My students missed me lots and were very happy that I was back. Gina, my aide (and friend), and Mrs. Gaines, one of my student's moms (and friend), held down the kindergarten fort while I was gone. They did a GREAT job! I would not have been able to visit my baby girl if it weren't for them. Thanks, you guys! I will be very busy until the end of school. It is time to start preparing for Kindergarten Graduation. This is my favorite part of the school year. They are sooo cute in their little caps and gowns, showing off all that they have learned. So, hopefully this will keep me busy and make the rest of the school year (and time in PGN) go faster.

Apart from this, there is nothing exciting to report. I miss my baby girl terribly, but God is getting me through. I plan to finish her room this weekend. I have it primed, but need to put the final coat of paint on it and put the furniture in there. I will post pics as soon as I have it all done. Please continue to pray for us that we would have favor with the reviewers and Director in PGN. I know what they are telling me the average time in there is (2-3 months), but I know that NO ONE can keep us in there a second longer than the Lord allows! So, Barrios, let my daughter GO!!!!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Amanda, you said today that God can't get you into PGN. I believe He can. And will. You have been so faithful - trust that He is moving mountains and getting things in order so that His majesty can shine this last bit of the adoption process. Bella's safety and happiness remains in my prayers - as do you, Jeff and Jake as you wait (hopefully not too much longer) for your precious baby girl! :) xoxoxoxo Stephanie