Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bella - Then and Now!!



HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY, BABY GIRL!!!!!!!

Bella is 6 months old today and Jake is 7 1/2 years old today!! We have been working on this slide show for quite sometime tonight. Nothing new has occurred- which I am not complaining. We have not had any kick outs in PGN and it has been almost 2 weeks!!! I do wish we were celebrating this day with her here, but it won't be long and she will be.

I will definitely not forget this day. I broke my pinkie finger at school today. I was reaching for a book on my bookshelf and jammed my finger into the back of my desk chair. IMMEDIATELY, it began to swell. It really was 2-3 times bigger than my left one. I left during lunch and went to have it x-rayed. The ligament tore and it splintered the bone. I am in a brace that is made just like the cast Jake had 3 weeks before our Feb. visit trip. He broke the ring finger and pinkie on his right hand playing football with his friends. Anyway, I had to promise the doctor I would only remove it to bathe. Otherwise, he would have put me in a real cast. I go back in 2 weeks and hopefully will loose the brace! Then I get back to school and trip over one of my student's shoes he took off during nap time. Hey-- it was dark and the shoes were hidden under his blanket. I stepped over him to get to my desk and tripped on the hidden shoes. I hit the ground like a wet noodle and think I twisted my ankle. Let me tell you-- this was not my day! I attribute it to being away from my baby girl on her 1/2 birthday. I am just all out of sorts and will continue to be until she is here where she belongs.

So, in closing... enjoy the pics from the first half of her first year and please, Sr. Barrios, send my daughter home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm new to your blog, I found it on Lou's. Sorry about your finger! My baby girl is 6 months old too and we've been in PGN 2.5 weeks. Hope they are all home soon!

take care,
Donna, Waiting for Ava

LouLou said...

Amanda,
Are you my twin sister? That sounds like something only I would do ;). Did we enter PGN the same day? We went in on March 5, and I am praying everyday for a miracle. I want all our babies home soon. Let that finger heal, so you can go get your girl!

Lou

Jami said...

Hi! I'm also new to your blog from Lou's! We are waiting on Hudson who is 5 months. We just got preapproval and are hoping to be in PGN this week. I'll be praying for you and following your journey. Such a cute little girl!!

Jami
www.hudsonsstory.blogspot.com

Poppaman said...

HAPPY HAPPY half-year and 7.5 year Birthday Bella and Jake !

Poppa and Bubbles

Amanda,

I am having an eco-bubble drop-shipped to your front yard tomorrow morning. Enter it immediately upon returing home from school and do not leave it until further notice.

Dad

P.S.
I am considering having Jake confined along with you but I have not yet figured out how to prevent either of you from injuring the other while in the bubble at the same time. :)

Kelli said...

love the song, knowing that she is yalls brown eye girl, we are praying for her to come home soon and for the blessing to pour over yall.
hugs and kisses

Bekah said...

Amanda--I just found your blog through Jami's and look forward to following your journey. You had a rough day!! :) It is so fun that your kids share a birthday! Praying these babies home!!!

Natalie said...

Hi Amanda! Loved the video and loved the song! You have a beautiful family.

Happy 6 months to your beautiful Bella! Great name:)

Oh boy, you had quite a day. Hope your finger and ankle get feeling better very soon.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really look forward to following your journey!

The Frugal Countess said...

Amanda, you and Jeff did AWESOME on the slide show!!! Amelia is sitting in my lap just dancing away to Brown Eyed Girl!!! Bella is so gorgeous - I am praying for God to move her out of PGN so she is home well before mother's day. xoxoxoxoxoxo :-)