Friday, March 9, 2007

We're back in!!!!!!!!!

We found out today that we were resubmitted into PGN yesterday!!!! Now I want out (with no previos, of course)! It's funny--this is the one place you can't wait to enter and then immediately can't wait to leave. Those of you that are going through or have gone through this process totally get that, don't you? We don't know how long- it is different for everyone, but we are praying and believing God that she will be home by Mother's Day. That day is also my Daddy's birthday and it would be nice to have her here to celebrate.

Last year on Mother's Day, we had started the process by applying with our agency and was waiting to begin our home study at the end of the month. Well, normally, my husband and I exchange 2 cards for every holiday- a serious one and a funny one. That day, he handed me 4 cards. Well, I knew 2 were from him and 1 was from Jake. I was confused about the 4th one. Never once did it cross my mind what I was about to find when I opened it. He had bought one from our daughter that we knew we were adopting . He had signed it for her and said she would see be with me next year on Mother's Day. Now, I don't know about you, but I felt he was the most romantic man on the planet after that. He thought of that all by himself! So, it would really mean alot to me if Bella would be here that special Sunday in May. Please be praying that God grants that desire of my heart.

My friend Steph is going to pick up her baby girl, Amelia, next week. Stephanie and Joel have been through a really tough year with this whole process. I am so happy for them and cannot wait for Amelia to join their family. One day I will be able to tell her about the tears her momma cried and the prayers we all prayed for her. She truly is a miracle baby girl!!! We love ya'll!

Jake has started coach's pitch and is playing 2nd base. Jeff is coaching and we have practices 3 times a week. Needless to say, we are keeping very busy. I will be starting to wrap up the school year and getting ready for Kindergarten Graduation. We only have 41 days of school left!!!!!!!! I think I may be more excited about summer vacation than my students. After this year with our adoption, I NEED a vacation.

Keep us in your prayers and we will keep you posted as soon as we get information.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Amanda,
I want you to know that it is so awesome to see the work that God has done for all in the last couple of weeks, it is amazing to see, hear and know the cheerfulness that is in your heart. "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4. Continue to know that yall are in our thoughts and prayers!!!! We love yall!