Saturday, March 3, 2007

Missing Her Already!

We returned Bella to the hogar Thursday afternoon at 4:30. It was very difficult for all of us. (You can see how difficult by looking at the last picture of me, her and Jake on Thursday's post. It was taken right before I gave her back to her caretaker.) It was like she woke up that morning and knew what was going to happen. She was somber all day and went back to really studying me. She did this on the last trip. It was as though she was memorizing me. I held it together pretty well. I could definitely tell their were people praying for us. I packed up everything before we brought her back this time. Last visit I waited until we came back from the hogar and it was harder. The hotel room felt very empty that night. I just hope she did not feel abandoned by us.

We made it back home yesterday afternoon. I must say that I am doing much better this time after leaving her than I did in October. It was hardest when the plane was taking off down the runway. For those of you that have experienced this on your own visit trips, you know the feeling I am talking about. You realize that you are leaving your child behind in another country. Yes, the flight is only 2 hours and 50 minutes from Houston, Texas, but nonetheless, it is another COUNTRY. I felt like part of me was missing--and it still is, and will be until she is with us again.

We really enjoyed meeting the families that we did on this trip. We met a great woman from New York City that was there picking up her precious baby boy. She is going to be a great and really FUN mom to him. He is a lucky boy. Her sister was there with her and we really enjoyed seeing them be "sisters". She really gave Jeff a run for his money. She cut him no slack and left him speechless at times. He definitely met his match in her!! So, Suzanne, enjoy every minute with your baby boy and get ready because we will take you up on your offer to visit. Jake said to tell you "the Yankees RULE!"

We are hoping that when our PA got picked up at the window yesterday, that we were then submitted to PGN. This is the final phase for the adoption before it becomes final. It is equivalent to our Attorney General's office. Reviewers go through all of your paperwork to be sure every "t" is crossed and every "i" is dotted. Then they sign off and give it to the director to do the same. He can be really mean and take a while to do that. We need favor with him. I appreciate the prayers you all have prayed for us. Please keep them up. We can definitely feel them!!!! I need you to be specific with them now. We need to have favor with our reviewer and with the director, himself. We are believing God to be bringing Bella home by Mother's Day. It will take a miracle for that to happen. After the week of miracles we have received, I KNOW it can and will happen. We also need to pray that President Berger's Protocolo does not get implemented any time soon. They are saying within 3 weeks it will be and all adoptions will be suspended. I believe God is bigger and if we ask, He will prevent it. There are too many families trying to get their babies home and it needs to happen first. So, please put us on every prayer chain you know of and also remember to pray for other families in this position, as well.

Here are some pictures for those of you that cannot seem to get enough of our baby girl. (And who can blame you?)















































1 comment:

Kelli said...

Keep those heads up and remember all of the wonderful work God has done!! I will begin to pray for favor with your reviewer and with the director. We are going to conitue asking for what we believe and always remember, nothing is impossible for God! You are right, you can not get enough of your little girl, she is so dang CUTE!!!