Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I am beginning to hate Tuesdays...

This Tuesday did not start off very well. (Remember, I broke my finger last Tuesday.) I got a call from my neighbor 10 minutes after I left my house this morning. It was 6:55. I knew something was wrong for her to be calling my cell phone that early. Well, some woman came flying down my road and hit our dog, Ali. She was the cutest and sweetest miniature schnauzer you have ever seen. When we started looking for one, I found out that some are white and we got really lucky to find her. I have never been an animal lover, but this dog made me one. Anyway, back to this morning... we are unsure of who let her out of her kennel to do her business before we left. I left without realizing she wasn't inside. So, yes, I was partially at fault. That part is killing me. But, she came flying down the road and my friend said she never tried to avoid it. She just hit her, pumped her brakes and gunned it when she saw my friend come running down the street. My friend, Ashley, saw the whole thing happen. The woman never stopped!!! I stopped the car in a parking lot and called Jeff. He turned around and went home. He had to get her out of the street and he cleaned the blood off the road so Jake would not see it when he came home.

Jake doesn't know yet. I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and my mom got him from school. Whenever Jeff gets home, we will be going to get him and then we have to tell him. For those of you who do not know Jake, he is ALL boy, but is EXTREMELY tender-hearted and a major animal lover!!! This is going to devastate him. Please pray for him. Ali has been his playmate since we got her in August. When we went to pick out a puppy, she was the one that ran straight to him, climbed in his lap and curled up on his neck. From that moment on, he decided she was THE ONE. Jeff wanted another one, but he would not hear it. There was something special between Ali and him. Out of habit, I came in this afternoon and went straight to her kennel to let her out and realized she wasn't there. I started crying all over again.

So... I will not be posting a video show of him or pics of Bella's room tonight. That will have to wait. And by the way, I may just sleep through next Tuesday!

7 comments:

Jami said...

Oh, I am SO sorry! I can't believe she never even stopped. I will pray for you and your sweet son.

Jami

Bekah said...

Oh Amanda, that is horrible! How could that woman NOT stop...that's awful. I will be praying for Jake...bless his heart that is so sad! I will be praying for something amazing to happen this coming Tuesday...like news you are out of PGN or something else amazing like that!

Natalie said...

Oh my heavens...I am SO sorry. I am praying for all of you, especially Jake, during this time. Bless his heart.

LouLou said...

Amanda,
I had a Yorkie named Rocky(funny I know...he was TINY) that was hit by a car that didn't stop either. It stinks that people can be just so mean and uncaring. It also stinks that your last 2 Tuesdays have been bad. I think that next Tuesday something WONDERFUL will happen!

Lou

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is a horrible thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is a horrible thing.

Steph said...

Oh Amanda. I'm just so sorry. Give Jake hugs from us - I know he must have just been devastated. ((((HUGS)))) to you too. I'm praying for his little heart right now.