Saturday, March 24, 2007

2 Weeks and Counting

Thursday marked 2 weeks in PGN. My attorney was out this week, so I will breathe a little easier next Saturday. If we got a previo, I won't hear about it until this coming week. Once we hit the one month mark I will be relieved. Most people get their previos (kick outs) within the first month. I know there are exceptions, though. I am believing that since we were kicked out in Feb. for no PA and were not issued any others, that we are safe and on our way OUT!!!

I bought all of the candy and trinkets for Jake's Easter basket today and got sad. I kept thinking about Bella over there in the hogar and how she will wake up Easter morning and it will not be a special day for her. I just felt guilty--like I was neglecting her. I know- this is beyond my control. But you other Guatemamas understand. It is difficult to live your life and do things with your family while your baby is in another country. The only way to describe it is that there is a void. But hopefully this will be the last holiday we spend with out her. I am praying hard that she is home for Mother's Day.

I had a hard day Thursday. I was really missing her. I teach at a Christian school and we have chapel every Thursday. One of the songs we were singing was "He Has the Whole World in His Hands". The children's pastor stopped and said that the Lord had just reminded him of the time 3 years ago when his grandson was born. He weighed a little over one pound and did not have much chance of survival. He remembered praying and asking God what to do. God spoke to him and said, "He is a tiny baby in the hands of a Big God." I immediately had tears in my eyes. I had just been praying for Bella and telling God how hard it was to have her over there and not be able to take care of her or know how she is doing. I know God had him say those words for me. God added to those words. He spoke to my heart and said, "Bella is in My hands--leave her there and I will take care of her. She will be in your arms soon." God is so faithful and I know He is preparing her way home to us.

Thanks for all of your continued prayers. They mean so much to me. I have met some wonderful women over the past week through blogland and I want to say thanks to them. Thank you for your words of encouragement and e-mails. I look forward to the day I check each of your blogs and see that you are on your way to pick up your babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I promised to post pics of Bella's room, as well as a slide show of Jake. I will do that by Tueday. Jake has his opening coach's pitch tournament this Friday and we have had practice 3 nights a week. He also made straight A's this 9 weeks and we took him out to celebrate Thursday night. He has been 1 point from an A all year and he worked so hard this past nine weeks! SO, I will stop soon and do both. Keep checking. It will get done. Have a great last day to your weekend tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

LouLou said...

Amanda,
Knowing that God is taking care of Anne Pearce is about all that gets me through most days. I keep praying that since we haven't had a k/o yet after 3 weeks that we are getting to that safe zone. I know God won't give me more than I can handle, but I feel that I am about at the end of my handling capabilities!!!! I am so glad that we found each other!

Praying our babies home,
Lou

Bekah said...

Amanda--I am praying Isabella home and after the long, hard road you have walked, I am asking him to bless you with the perfect Mother's Day gift of your daughter in your arms forever. I am blessed to know you and praise the Lord for allowing me to 'meet' all of these dear sisters/guatemamas/friends.

Jami said...

I echo Bekah's words...I am blessed to have found this special support group of other Guatemama's who know exactly what I'm going through!

Love you all!
Jami

Steph said...

I called you tonight - I am so in awe of your faith, Amanda. You really are leaning on God and allowing Him to chart the course for this adoption. You are my hero!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Natalie said...

I appreciate this post! God IS watching over our children and we need to remember and trust in that. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I hope Bella is home soon soon soon!