Sunday, May 20, 2007

Happy 8 months old, my Bellaboo!


Bella,
You are getting to be such a big baby girl-- already 8 months old. We thought for sure you would be home with us, but it has not worked out that way. Our Heavenly Father chose for you to be a part of our family and He knows the EXACT day you are to arrive. We have missed many firsts along the way, but He gave us two of the most important ones. Daddy and I got to be there when you turned one month old and were so sick. I was there to take care of you during your first fever and you and I bonded at a very specific moment on that trip. God allowed our eyes to meet and in that early morning moment,He let us both know that our hearts were FOREVER linked. I am so thankful for that first! We know that He is preparing our home for you and your heart for us. Not a day or moment goes by that Mommy and Daddy don't think about you and pray for you. You are a very loved baby girl! Lots of people are eagerly awaiting your arrival. We are praying that you will not celebrate many more "birthdays" without us. Hang in there, Bella, Mommy, Daddy and your big brother, Jake, will be there soon. Your room is finished and I know you are going to LOVE it-- it is very girly! :) You are an answer to MANY years of prayer. What God begins, He always finishes. Your homecoming will be a testimony to His faithfulness in the lives of His children. See you soon!!
Love,
Mommy

17 comments:

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday Bellaboo! Praying for you all and praying you can post good news soon! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Hang in there Honey! I know that times like these are the hard ones. Please know that I continue to pray for yall for the Lord to have his hands on yall for support and that his timing is alway perfect.
I love you and please continue to keep your head up.
Kelli

Unknown said...

Happy 8 Months beautiful baby! I hope you are home soon with your family!

Donna

FaceforGrace said...

Bless your heart! Keep hanging on and pressing in. I love this post...even through your pain and emotion it is extremely encouraging! God will indeed finish what He started! And you guys are the blessed ones that He called to take this amazing jourey towards bringing home this beautiful little girl! We are continuing to pray that you will be able to bring her home soon!

In Him,
Holly

Steph said...

Yay!!! Your seed is still hanging in there!!! I know Jeff was worried you were going to dig it up - but sounds like you are in a good place!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend - you deserved a little romantic getaway with your hubby! I want to hear all about it (well, not ALL about it! LOL!)

Jami said...

Happy birthday Bella! You are a darling and precious little girl! We all love you very much!!

Amanda - it is tough...I'm missing Hudson so much now too! We are standing with you and Christ has His arms wrapped around us!! I love you!!

Emily said...

Happy 8 months Bella! I have been praying for you and your family every day. God will finish what he started and when he does, it will be worth every second of what you have been through.

Andrea said...

Happy 8 months, bellaboo!!

Love the pic! She is so pretty! Hang in there, girl--the letter was very heartfelt and beautiful. She will cherish that when she gets older!

Courty said...

Happy 8 months baby Bella!!

Glad to have you back Amanda!!

Courtney

Natalie said...

Happy 8 months beautiful girl!

That was a very sweet post, Amanda. Praying for you.

Karen D. said...

Happy Birthday, Bellaboo! I am praying for you and your family!

Hugs!
Karen

LouLou said...

Amanda,
Bella is just beautiful. You can just seet the sweetness pour from her. Like Jami, I am missing AP right now so badly it hurts all of the time. I don't have many words, but I do want you to know that we all know how you're feeling, and we will all rejoice with you soon.
Love to you!

Ashley said...

I have been checking your blog for weeks and have not seen an update... something must be wrong with my link... because I come back tonight and they were there all along. WEIRD... I am thinking about you and praying for you... I need to catch up reading your post!

Ashley said...

Okay perhaps because I linked to your April page and not the blog... I have not seen an update since April 30th... Sorry I have missed out on supporting you

Melissa said...

Praying for continued strength and grace for you, and praying that your sweet baby will soon be home!

Mama Bunny said...

Oh sweety, it pains me that she is not home yet. Soon, soon.. it has to be, right?

JuJu - said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you today and thinking about you -

JUlia:)