Friday, May 25, 2007

So thankful...

Last week I went to the dermatologist to have a mole checked out. It had turned black and my husband was a little concerned. The doctor did an in-office biopsy. The nurse called yesterday with the results. There are 3 ways that a mole biopsy can come out. 1. it is benign 2. it is in the gray area (with atypical cells) 3. it is malignant. Well, my report came back at #2-- in the gray area. That means that under the microscope there were some cells my doctor does not like and wants ALL gone. They are going to remove a 2-3 inch section that is the shape of a football in the area of the mole. I asked if this was pre-cancerous and she said "NO"-- he just wants it ALL gone. So, in 2 weeks I will go to his office and have this "simple" procedure done. The area will be numb and she assured me I would not feel any of it. I have my doubts about that!:) Of course, I googled when I got home and read that eventually these atypical cells could turn into cancer. I am SOOOO thankful that did not happen! Praise God!!


Now, let me tell you about the rest of my week. I am not at liberty to report all the details of where my case is right now. Once Bella is home, I will post the particulars and you will see the miracle of it all. I can tell you that I did receive information Wednesday night that had me in the dumps! Jake went to church with a friend of mine that night and when we went to pick him up, my friend came to the car to share something with me. Her pastor had preached a message on the blind man that was brought to Jesus. He was asked "who sinned-- him or his parents? Why has this happened to him?'' Well, let me digress to let you know that has been my NUMBER 1 question these days. The reply from Jesus spoke VOLUMES to me. He told them that the matter at hand was not whether he sinned or his parents, but that this had come about that the Father may be glorified. WOW! Suddenly, I GOT it. It is not about the why, but about what He is doing in me through the situation and the "how" He is going to get the glory. I decided right then and there that I wanted to bring Him glory no matter how bleak this process gets for us. My husband and daddy have said all along that this adoption was not just about getting our baby, but that He had a much bigger plan in it all. I have repented for my lack of trust and attitude these past months and decided that I am going to do my best to go forward and bring Him glory! After all, where we are now in the process, the only way she is coming home is because HE does it. To God be the glory!

I was also reminded this week that all throughout the Bible, God turned the hearts of kings and rulers and all in authority towards the people of God. I know that during this time, I allowed the enemy to come in and rob me of what I know to be true about my God. He is powerful and more than able to accomplish all I need done. I got so caught up in Sr. Barrios, my attorney, FC judges and what they would not do, that I forgot that I have an intimate relationship with the Creator of this universe- my Heavenly Father and my Savior-- and changing the hearts of evil men is what He did best in the Old Testament. The past couple of days, I have been reading my Bible more and praying for their hearts to be turned toward my adoption and thanking God for it-- instead of asking "Why?". I am not accepting that this is just the way things go in international adoption. I found a verse on my last visit trip and cannot find it again. I do remember that it said something about "I will bring your daughters out of captivity." Well, right now, our children are in captivity because evil men like Mr. PGN and some reviewers are holding them there with legalities. I declare today that "in the name of Jesus, they are coming out sooner, rather that later!"

I am praying for each of you daily and look forward to good things beginning to happen in the coming days. Hang in there-- they ARE coming home. Anne Pearce is just the beginning! (Congrats Lou and family-- you give us all hope and remind us that God is faithful- He does finish what He starts!)

I love you all and am appreciative for the encouragement and prayers. Keep them coming!

14 comments:

Kristin said...

Our daughters are almost the same age: our baby girl was born on 9/13/06...and our sweet baby has two teeth, too! We're in PGN and praying for grace to brave the wait everyday...only by the Lord's hand!

Many blessings on your journey!

(Our blog is private, but you can email me if you would like the link: kristinandgregory@yahoo.com)

Natalie said...

Thank you for such an encouraging post! My eyes are watery...it truly touched me. I feel good about things happening soon for all of us too! Praying our babies home.

Andrea said...

WOW, girl!! Thanks for sharing! What an uplifting reminder of our God! I will admit, I am not on the same cloud right now---I'm struggling, but your post encouraged me! Thanks for your honesty and your obedience in sharing from your heart!

Let's pray our angels home in His name!

Bekah said...

Amanda--I am so thankful, amazed, and challenged by the way that you continue to speak truth and bring glory to the Lord even in this crazy, heart wrenching journey to Bella. I am praying for your miracle. I needed to read this post today...I have been feeling like "what have we done wrong...how have I sinned that you won't answer us and perform a miracle in this journey." Lord, protect our minds and hearts from lies and keep us walking in truth and joy.

Emily said...

What a great post! Your posts are always so great to read. I don't think you will ever realize how much your blog has helped me (and others I am sure) through this process.
Thanks!!!

Andrea said...

Amazing post-JUST what I needed to read. Even with the joy of new pictures, I am a bit worn down tonight. Thank you for the great message-I am definitely praying our babies HOME!

The Frugal Countess said...

Well, girl you've got the spirit in you today!! ;-) I'm glad to hear your feeling better and that your seed is still safely snuggled down in the ground and that you haven't dug it up!

And as I said on the phone, God's having the dr. remove that pain in the . . . that you needed out - see? He's working it all out! ;-) (You know I'm kidding you!) Love ya!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Courty said...

Hey Amanda! That is a wonderful post! I hope that your Bella will be on her way to the states SOON!!

Do you have any more news on Brett? (I think that is his name..)

Melissa said...

Thanks for speaking the truth and encouraging me in this journey. God is bigger than all of this and God will bring our babies home in his time.

Jami said...

Amanda - I love you!! Thanks for your encouragement! We need to talk soon!

I'm praying for you!

Rosie's Mom said...

That's the spirit! That baby is meant for you and your family. You are already her mother in the way that matters most - you love her unconditionally and pray for her. Bella's coming home to you soon - I just know it.

You're going through a tough time right now and I'm glad to see you are keeping your spirits up. Don't be hard on yourself when you get down - that's normal and it's okay. Just keep placing that trust in God - just like you're doing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda~
You are always so inspiring to me! I have been really struggling with this whole process and really appreciate the encouragement I get from reading your blog! Thank you!! You and Bella are always in my prayers! :)

All the best!
caryn

Mom 4 Kids said...

Hey Amanda, I am thankful as well that you were blessed with early knowledge in this situation.

I am praying for you daily that Bella will be home soon. She is such a cutie and it is obvious that she is your daughter! Keep hanging in there Mama!!!

Kim Capello said...

Prayers are with you always!