Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Seed

I have spoken to many of you this week and you all know that I have been struggling. I mean REALLY struggling. In fact, I don't think that I have been this negative and broken throughout this entire process. I have made many giant strides in the past couple of months, but with the strides I make, I end up further back because I continue to keep my eye on the circumstances surrounding me. Now let me tell you that the circumstances surrounding me do not look good! Let me begin by laying a little foundation.

I spoke to my friend today and told her "I can't go on like this. I cannot do this anymore. Why is this happening? Why can't I seem to catch a break? This isn't fair." Now, all of this has some truth to it. But there is bigger truth I need to see and understand. This is where my husband comes in.

I broke down tonight and told my husband that I was really scared that she will not be home in time for me to go pick her up before I start school in the fall. He responded with this analogy that is so simple and that I have heard my entire Christian walk. But for some reason, it took on a whole new meaning for me this time. Faith begins as a small seed (the Bible says a mustard seed) and like any seed, in order for it to grow bigger and produce something, it must begin to take root. Everytime I get that boost of faith from God in the form of a verse of scripture to stand on, a dream that He speaks to me in, a love note from Him, etc., I hold onto it and get so excited. I put my burden at His feet and go on my way. But within 12 -24 hours, when my circumstances have not changed, I pick it up, inspect it and then rip it out to wallow in it. I am not giving it the time and attention it needs to root and grow. This is and always has been a BIG fault of mine. He told me that,lately, he never knows where I "stand" because he can't "find"me-- I am usually flying off the handle somewhere listening to the lies of the enemy.

Well, tonight, we have decided that TOGETHER we are going to declare that we are planting ourselves on the promise of God that states that He WILL finish that which He has started. There is NO doubt in my mind that He started this adoption!!! Therefore, He HAS to complete it. The key word here is not complete. It is HE. That's right. HE, not I, not my attorney-- but HE will finish it according to HIS plan and my part is to be okay with it. That is where my struggle is. It's in being okay with WHATEVER He sees fit for my life. I am going to get there- with His help. So, if any of you want to know where I am in this process, I am standing here and not budging until my God brings me through to the other side!

My mom has tried over and over to tell me this and I fail to listen. Believe it or not, Mom, I have been listening and God has used you to soften my heart. I may not admit it to you then, but you have been a help to me. I hang up the phone and ponder your words (even when I don't want to). I am so blessed to have my family and friends that support and encourage me even when I can be so obstinate. Thank you!

So, once again, I have had another breakthrough. I am hoping these many breakthroughs will lead me to becoming the woman of faith that my Father desires me to be. I started not to post this, but realized that was being prideful. I had fear I would look like a flake to everyone that reads my blog. But tonight, I hope you don't see me that way, but instead see a mother that is struggling with her fears and flesh and trying to emerge victorious one day!

Now, pardon me while I stand here and wait for my God to show Himself MIGHTY!!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for sharing this. I could see a lot of me in your description of you. I am praying for both of us!

FaceforGrace said...

All I can say is You Go Girl! I am so very proud of you! I love what your husband shared with you. Sounds like a wise man!

In Him,
Holly

Andrea said...

Hang in there, girl! We won't talk about how many times I want to give up during the week---EVERY WEEK!!!! I am sooo tired and weary! I am tired of being the virtual mother to JP! I am so mad that Mother's Day is Sunday and he's a million miles away from me! YUK! YUK! YUK!
We've come this far! It's nice to be reminded every now and again that God has blessed all of us with sweet, supportive husbands! Praise Him for that! Hold your head up and remember your little girl who's waiting on you, too! I'll try and do the same! Oh, the testimony God is forming within each of us!

Bekah said...

Amanda...you are most definitely not a flake. You are an honest, beautiful woman of faith and the Lord is forming an amazing testimony through this that you and your husband will use the rest of your lives to encourage others who want to give up on a situation that is just too hard. We are standing with you as well and waiting in prayer for the Lord to bring sweet Bella home. She WILL come home. Hugs to you....we'll talk on the phone one of these days :) but until then know that I am praying for you!

Natalie said...

Amanda, thank you SO much for deciding to share this with us. It not only helps you, but it helps others too...including me. I appreciate your honesty and humility. You are a strong woman and I admire that. Thank you so much for your wonderful example!

Emily said...

I am so thankful you decided to share this. By writing down your thoughts you are not only helping yourself you are helping everyone else as well. We can all benefit from a reminder that God is amazing and in charge. Flake is the last word I would use to describe you! Thanks again for the wonderful post.

Jami said...

YOU ARE NOT A FLAKE!! I am so glad to know you! It is a very difficult journey but we will come out on the other side. Hopefully MUCH closer to Jesus Christ!! I love you, Amanda!! Keep standing!!

tina said...

There is nothing fake about you. Thats what I love the most about you. You keep us all real. Thanks for that.

Love ya!
Tina

JuJu - said...

You are so much stronger than you know. What an inspiration your faith and your ability to be honest and open with your struggles is to hundreds of us:) You are an amazing person and I am so proud of you! Hang in there and know that we are all praying your baby girl HOME!!!!!!!

Sending big hugs and lots of love from the Crew,

Julia:)

Mom 4 Kids said...

I echo that you are not a flake or a fake. The adoption process is enough to make anyone that had been sane, not so sane. I think you are doing just fine and have a wonderful support system surrounding you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and letting us benefit too. Strength in numbers! Dawn

P.S. I like your idea about Bella and Evan but Billie says you have to get in line. hee hee

Courty said...

Oh Amanda! The Lord is with you right now!! He LOVES you and under his wings you can find refuge. Before you know it that baby girl of YOURS is going to be HOME with you FOREVER. A smile makes all the bad go away.

Love and extra prayers for you tonight.

(((HUGS)))

Courtney

Ashley said...

Our God is a YES God... if he told you YES... the YES it is!!!

Awesome analogy... I pray for growth... in you, your family, your case and God's will!