Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fun on vacation and Guatemala bound!!!!

We are enjoying ourselves in Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas. Today we took Jake on a guided fishing trip and he caught the biggest and most fish of us all! We caught lots of rainbow trout and Jeff is cooking them as I type. I am leaving for Guatemala Sunday morning and will be getting Bella on Monday morning from the hogar.

I cannot believe this will be my 3rd visit trip. We really need everyone to PRAY that the Lord changes the heart of the judge our case is with. If she does not release us, I think we will have to reenter PGN and you all know what that means. It means we could be facing many more previos and not picking her up until the end of this year or beginning of next. I cannot bear to think of that happening. We have been in FC for 11 weeks now and each time we get close to being released, something happens and the judge changes their mind.

Many of you may remember that we waited a while for PA and we got a miracle on our last visit trip. We were to bring Bella back to the hogar on March 1. That was the day that the Protocolo was scheduled to be issued. I prayed that night and this is what I prayed: "God, it is going to be really hard to give my daughter back on this day that the Protocolo is being issued and not know how things are going to go with adoptions from here on out. We have been waiting for PA and it would mean so much to me if I opened my e-mail in the morning to an e-mail from the embassy granting us Pre Approval. Please do that for me." Well.... sure enough I went to my e-mail and found it THAT morning!!!!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how badly I need to know that when I hand Bella back to the hogar, that she is MINE and that can only happen if we get released by next Friday. Please pray that this is where we get our miracle. It seems that we have caught one bad break after another. Bella will be one year old on Sept 20. That is the same day my son, Jake, will turn 8 years old. I do not want to celebrate one child's birthday here in the US and miss the first birthday of my other one. I NEED A MIRACLE and only GOD can do it!!!!

"Father, I pray that you will give us favor with the FC judge that holds our Bella's file. God, change her heart and have her release us now. As I leave Bella next Friday, let me have the assurance that the next time we see each other, it WILL be forever! I know nothing is impossible with you. So, please take this impossible situation and move in a mighty way for our family. Thank you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen."

13 comments:

Farrah said...

Awe I'm so praying for you...I hope you get to celebrate the two birthdays together...I'm so pulling for you!!

Whitney said...

Tomorrow is Ellie's birthday, so I can share in this sorrow of missed occasions. I pray that you will be with your little Bella by her birthday. This whole process is such a refining tool in our walk with the Lord, it really amazes and overwhelms me at the same time! Praying for a miracle in your case!!!

JuJu - said...

You are being lifted up in prayer every day - and I have had to pray for myself over your case - I get soooooooo angry about the pain you and your baby have endured due to ingnorance and selfishness.

I know God is going to restore all of the lost time and sleepless nights you have endured - he is that kind of God

My love and best to your sweet family and you...

Julia:)

Emily said...

Amanda-
I am praying you will receive the news that you have been waiting for very soon. This process has been much too long. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter!

Jami said...

Amanda-I am praying for you...everyday!! I love you and glad you're having a good vacation too!

Stand strong, friend! :)

Bekah said...

Amanda--Oh are we ever praying for your miracle. Lord, please reveal yourself in a powerful way to this precious, faithful family. Father God, you are able to soften the heart of this judge and we pray that Bella would be released before Amanda has to give her back. Father, glorify yourself through this miracle.

Love to you and your family.

Karen D. said...

Amanda,
I am praying and believing that you will get your miracle next week! God CAN and WILL do it!

Love and prayers,
Karen

Melissa said...

I am praying for your miracle!

Terry said...

Praying for your miracle! May this be the week you receive great news and find comfort in knowing Bella will be home soon.

Terry

Unknown said...

I am thinking and praying for you regularly. Enough is enough, it's time for that sweet baby to come home. I hope you enjoy every second of your visit! I hope to talk soon,

hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jajbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am praying so hard that the FC judge will let Bella out. And if the judge will not let her out, I pray with my whole heart and soul that you find out soon so you can get back into PGN. Your daughter is a person, not a cause and I pray the people in charge of your case do the right thing by this child. She needs to be a daughter, not a political pawn.