Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I started feeling better by last night and Bella is doing much better. I got a chance to talk with the hogar doctor when I went to drop her off and felt much better after he examined her and decided on a plan of treatment.

It was very difficult to leave her, but the most difficult part of the trip is about to happen. I am fixing to leave Guatemala and those of you that have done this before know how it feels when that plane takes off from the runway. You feel as though your heart is being ripped from your chest. It is a horrible feeling to leave your child in another country. But... good news...

We will be submitted to the Civil Registry for a birth certificate this week. Then she gets her passport and we are submitted to our Embassy for an appointment. To those of you unfamiliar with this step, it is referred to as waiting for PINK. I cannot believe I am posting these words. I thought this day would NEVER come. God is good and His ways are miraculous! We should be traveling to bring Bella home within 3-5 weeks. I am believing for a BIG miracle-- pickup before August 14. That is my first day of school and I want to be there to begin the school year. So... we will se if that happens. Pray!!!

I need to get to the airport, but I will post pics from yesterday's return to the hogar tonight. Thanks again to all of you for your prayers-- you helped bring Bella home.

SHE IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 comments:

Peter said...

All the best,
Prayer & Blessings,
Peter

Kim said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sure it was hard to leave - but it had to be easier knowing that you will be back in the next couple of weeks to bring her home for good.

Safe travels!!

Andrea said...

I am SO glad you're feeling better. You know, there is a good chance we'll be traveling at the same time for pick up!! I pray that we may get a chance to meet. I've been following your story since Steph told us all about you. I am SO happy you're coming back to pick her up!! SO exciting!!

God Bless, and safe travels!!

Karen D. said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! I am also glad that your prayers were answered while you were in GC! God is sooo very good! I will be praying for you as you travel!

Love,
Karen

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm so happy for you. I love reading that you are waiting for PINK!!! Call me when you get a chance. I will be praying for your trip home, it is tough but you are just going home to finish everything up for her homecoming!

love,
Donna

Melissa said...

I am glad you are feeling better, and I'm praying that Bella will be healthy and happy until you come for her in a few weeks!

LouLou said...

Amanda,
I am so glad that you got to feeling better. I know it's hard to leave, BUT this time you know you will be back in a FEW weeks!! Then you will have her FOREVER!!! It has been such a blessing to watch this journey. I hope we can get together sometime after you're home!

Bekah said...

I am so so glad you and Bella are both doing better!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see more pictures of Bella. Your family of four will be together soon!!! Praise the LORD!!!

FaceforGrace said...

We are so glad you are feeling better. Please call or email so we can get together. I know you will have a lot to do in the upcoming weeks. Congrtulations on the good news!

In Him,
Holly

Gail said...

Glad you are both feeling better. Wow! You will be traveling back to get her soon. WONDERFUL!!
Gail

The Frugal Countess said...

Bella is coming home!!!! I cannot believe this day is finally here!!! I am praying that the CR gets your birth certificate super quick and that your pink appointment is one of the fastest on record!!

So glad Bella is feeling better (and you too!). xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Such a blessing to be able to see this, read this and share the joy with you! I know this is hard... but this time you can see the end in sight and there is no turning back now!!!

Ashley J

Kerry said...

It's a lot easier to leave when you know YOU'RE COMING BACK IN A FEW WEEKS TO PICK HER UP FOR GOOD!

Jill said...

I hope you land safely just to get back on that plane to get her for GOOD. I am happy to hear all of our prayers worked, and you are feeling a bit better. I know that you are emotionally ill right now, but thinking of going back will get you through. Great news! Jill

Emily said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. What a great feeling to know that you are so close to bringing your daughter home!

Andrea said...

Thinking of you and praying for you!!! IT'S ALMOST OVER!!!

Steve & Amy said...

So glad to hear that you both are doing better! Praying that tings move well and that Bella is PINK soon! Just think only ONE plane ride left and she will be in your arms FOREVER!! Prayers & Hugs to you!

Krystal said...

Hey, Amanda -- thanks for you comment about the boys! I CANNOT wait to get there and meet them!!!!!

Terry said...

Indeed we that have left our children in another country before know how difficult it is. There is something about that runway...and take off...seeing Guatemala grow smaller and smaller that tears at every part of your heart, mind and soul. But the good news is you only have a few weeks without her and the next time you leave Guatemala, she will be in your arms. Thanking God that this day has come and Bella is coming home soon.

Terry

Sarah said...

SO happy you are feeling better. Hopefully being home and sleeping in your own bed has helped too. Can't wait to see pictures and hear about PINK!!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug