Friday, June 8, 2007

HELP!!!!

We hit a MAJOR bump in our adoption today. I just got an e-mail from our agency coordinator and things are not looking good. This has been one roller coaster ride after another. I cannot post the details, but the news in the e-mail was disappointing-- we may not make a summer pick up and as you all know as a teacher, I I really needed that to happen. Also, Jeff goes this week to find out if he will need back surgery. He had it done last summer on the left side of his lower back and he may need it on the right side. Our finances are tapped out and daycare options are going to be limited since we are unsure of the timing of her coming home. Needless to say, I was very upset and disappointed!

I am asking everyone that feels led, to pray and fast with us this weekend. I heard a message on TV while we were at the beach this week and the preacher said this: "In order to get what you have never had, you must do what you have never done." Well, this weekend, I am getting into the Word of God and standing on His promises (thanks Mom) and storming Heaven's gates with a fervency I have never had before. We need extreme favor with a new judge and with our attorney. If you do not feel led to fast, please pray with us. If there was ever a time our family needed your prayers, it is now! Thank you in advance.

14 comments:

Candy said...

OH Amanda...I am just sick and so worried about you...I hope you have talked to Jana by now...My prayers are with you...PLEASE know we are here for you and will do what ever we can to help and get you through this...BIG OLE HUG from OKLAHOMA...

Karen D. said...

Amanda,
I will be praying my heart out for you this weekend! I am soooo sorry that you are having to go through this! I wish that I knew what to do or say to help! I wish that I could go down there and make them release sweet Isabella for you! My e-mail is: kedurrett@nc.rr.com I am here if you need me!

Hugs and prayers!
Karen

Cindy said...

Amanda, I'm so very sorry something so terrible has happened. Please know you're in my thoughts.

-- Cindy

Andrea said...

Amanda, Steph asked us all to pray for you, and you absolutely can count on it. Jesus loves you passionately and permanently, and will not forsake you. He will walk beside you, and you WILL get through this. I pray for mercy and favor, and a quick resolution. We're all here for you!!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Sorry you are having such a hard time. We'll be praying for you.

Emily said...

I am so sorry to hear that things are not going well. I will be praying for you this weekend.

LouLou said...

Amanda,
I am praying for Bella and you all weekend. I am so sorry you are going through this, but you have an ARMY of Guatemama's behind you ready to fight! Jesus is standing with you, and He will PREVAIL!
Please email or call if you need me.

love you!

Tricia said...

Amanda, girl, you are on my heart. My words seem so empty while you are struggling but I am lifting you up in prayer.

PLEASE keep us posted.

May you have the STRENGTH and HOPE and PEACE you need to face today.

Much love from Virginia,
Tricia

Natalie said...

Amanda, you know I am here for you and will do anything you need. Please email or give me a call if you need to talk.

Melissa said...

I too will be praying for your family. With God all things are possible.

Donna said...

Amanda - thanks for posting on my site! I just came over and saw this!! And I can SOOOO relate, we hit SO many snags and bumps on our journey - there were times i was so lost and confused I didn't even know what to pray for from God - strength, hope, His will over mine, MERCY from my pain...they just all seemed to be constant prayers.

I will PRAY for you. God is ALMIGHTY and He loves you. I pray that He comforts you and that He moves mountains for you and Isabella to be together and SOON!

((((((hugs))))

Kristin said...

Amanda,

My heart is breaking while reading this. I will call you...

Kristin

P.S. We have a new blog address, and I emailed you the link.

Jodie said...

We will be praying for you..email me anytime

larnstudent@yahoo.com

Stacie said...

Amanda-

Please know that I am praying for you, your family, sweet Bella, and this terrible situation!

Please God work in this family's case and provide a new judge with an understanding heart. You know just the right judge to get this taken care of. Deliver their case into that specific judges hands and allow him to feel the love and prayers that are being lifted up in your precious name!!

-Stacie