Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hope...again

To those of you that are wondering where my post from yesterday is, I had a really hard day yesterday and I deleted it. I had typed a piece about hope and after I posted, I went downhill. I did not want to post something that I could not believe at the time. I have spent time in prayer and reading my Bible and God renewed me. I feel like the fire has been turned up and the refiner is watching to see what I am made of. Yesterday, I waivered and today, I can say, my hope is renewed.

I still have no idea when the judge will release my case. I keep asking "why" are all the others out and not mine. I have believed and prayed just as hard. The only thing I can "hear" is that He is interested in me and how I will choose to handle the situation. Like it or not-- it is this way. I am going to stay in His word this week and whatever He has in store, I will accept. I hope to get good news, but there is no guarantee. I will place my hope in Him.

We went to visit my father-in-law in the hospital last night and they had a scripture on the door of the room next to him. It was about God being my strength. I had just told Jeff how tired I was of all of this and I did not know what to do. Well... there was my answer. God is my refuge and strength and His joy will get me through this difficult time. Please continue to pray for Bella to be released, but most of all, pray for me to keep my focus where it needs to be-- ON HIM!

11 comments:

Jami said...

Amanda - you always touch my heart! I am struggling too. I just worry about how long this may go on! God IS our refuge and strength! I love you!

Kristin said...

May He wrap His loving arms around us as we keep walking this journey...thanks so much for your honesty. It's a sincere blessing to know we're not alone.

Love and hugs!

Bekah said...

Amanda, I am praying for you and sweet Bella. And I am praying that we all learn to hope in the Lord always...even through this horrific wait. Our hope can be found in Him alone...why is it so difficult!? Love and hugs to you. I pray you have a wonderful weekend with your family!

Mom 4 Kids said...

Amanda I love your honesty. You are honest with yourself and with everyone around you too. That is your gift to us.

This is a difficult time but Bella is your daughter and she is coming home to you soon! Next week will be a good week, I can feel it! I would love for us to get to do pick up together and I think it can happen! Keep on hanging on!!!

JuJu - said...

Amanda,
I know how you feel sista, trust me. I have walked the craziest road over the past 2 years and I can honestly tell you - I never thought I would struggle with my faith so much.I gave it to God a hundred times - but I kept picking it back up - I think with Momma's - that is just a struggle -we love our babies so much it is hard to let go of them and give them 100%to God - to completely trust him with their future - it is a little scary to take our hands off the wheel and let him take control. I am thinking about you and praying for you - you blog is so precious to me - I love you heart and I know our heavenly Father is so proud of you and is smiling down with great love and grace and mercy on you right now:)

Julia:)

Melissa said...

May the joy, hope, peace, and purpose found in the Lord be your strength!

Karen D. said...

I am praying your daughter home!!!

LouLou said...

Amanda,
We all fall and waver, and I know most of us would be just as sad as you if we were in the same circumstance. God is paving a new road with Bella's case to open the way for SO many more. She is the one He has chosen to be His example. He has also chosen YOU to be her mama and prepare her way here. Precious Bella will do so many amazing things in her life for Him, and it all starts with this! I am praying for you and Bella and that God will show you the way.

Love and hugs,

Powell Adoption said...

Hang in there! The end will come, we started in May 2006 as well and we just found out that our daughter is out of PGN!!! We are also going to pick up our son from Guatemala next week as well (he is 2 1/2 our daughter is 10 1/2 months) so I know all about loosing hope and loosing time. God WILL sustian!
Blessings
Laura

Natalie said...

Amanda, your posts always touch me. Even though you might not think it...you are SOOOO strong. Your courage helps all the rest of us too. Thanks for being so humble and honest.

Andrea said...

We just need to run TO Him, and sit at his feet. Sometimes He just wants us to wait, and listen to Him. Thank you for your honesty-we're all here for you!