Monday, June 25, 2007



We had the privilege of meeting Kristin and Greg in person this past Friday. Kristin and I met through blogging and have become best friends over night! They decided to drive 7 1/2 hours to come to visit and pray with us. Our daughters are 7 days apart and very strangely resemble each other. We thought it would be neat to meet together and pray for our girls to be released and come home soon. We literally talked for 13 hours before finally going to bed at 4:30 in the morning.
Her husband, Greg, and mine, Jeff, had never spoken a word to each other until they entered our house. It is amazing what each has in common and how much their personalities and sense of humor are alike. I cannot do this situation the justice it deserves, so please visit her blog, where she so adequately describes it.
I have said it before in past posts, and I will say it again. Our adopting Bella was so much bigger than bringing a baby into our family. We believe it is the start of the ministry God is calling our family to do. We are beginning to get a "glimpse" into what that may be. This weekend showed us just that.
Please continue to pray for Bella and Madalyn to be released very soon. We specifically need God's favor to fall on the right people.
Tomorrow I will post a MAJOR revelation God has given to me. IT IS GOOD~

9 comments:

Bekah said...

Amanda--So glad that you all had an awesome time. I cannot wait to see what the Lord does with this friendship and how he leads you all. I have some ideas swimming around in my head but I'll let the Lord do His job and keep my mouth shut. :) By the way, when I first checked Kristin's blog, the very first thought that entered my mind when I saw Madalyn's picture was 'she looks so much like Bella'. How crazy. The Lord is GOOD.

Karen D. said...

I had read Kristen's blog yesterday! Now to read yours and to see the pictures- that is just amazing! You both are such a blessing to me! Maybe, we all 3 will get out this week and be on Pick Up at the same time! I'd love to meet both of you!!!!

Hugs and prayers,
Karen

JuJu - said...

Praying for you girly!!

You are such a blessing to me - to be where you are in your adoption journey and to be inspiring ladies already home with our babies - You ae in the ministry girl:)
This post blessed me more than you know - I can't wait to read what God gave you this time:):):)

JUlia:)

Jami said...

You two look like sisters! :) I'm so glad you had such an amazing time! Love you!

Ashley said...

WOW! Amazing... chills... awesome!!!

JuJu - said...

I need your address please:

McKenzieplumber1@aol.com


JUlia:)

Jill said...

This is so inspirational - gave me good bumps... looked at her blog and teared up. What a GREAT story. Your families are beautiful. AND - how did she DO that blog header... we ALL will want to know the step by step :-)

Enjoy your new friendship that seems like it will be life-long! Jill

Krystal said...

Amanda -- I cannot stop thinking about you and Bella. This is weird for me, since I just found your blog not too long ago. I am praying that this is the week for you -- praying, praying, praying!

Rose said...

How awesome!! So wonderful you could all meet! Are the guys wearing matching shirts? LOL
Love to read yours and Kristens blog....so inspiring...... Roseann