Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Counting My Blessings





Today I want to celebrate my beautiful children!

Jake is 7 years old and the light of my life! He truly is my little miracle from the Lord. He is such a cool kid. He loves sports more than any child I know. He can talk about football and baseball-- quote player's stats and remember plays as well as any grown man. More than anything else, though, he has such a sweet spirit and a tender heart. I know that God has BIG plans for his life and I love watching him begin to fulfill them! I love you, Jake-a-doo!

Bella will be 9 months old tomorrow. My, how she is growing! Instead of dwelling on the things I have missed, I am choosing to look forward to the multitude of things I am going to experience with her. We prayed a LONG time for this miracle, and the Lord blessed us abundantly. She may not be here in Louisiana with us right now, but she is always in our heart and we KNOW that God is bringing her to us SOON-- He's just lining everything up perfectly right now! She has a sweet spirit, also. I know she has a special call on her life and I am blessed to have been chosen to help her find it-- with the Lord's help and wisdom. I love you, Bellaboo!

I love my children! "Thank you, God, for placing them into our family. Help Jeff and I to lead them to you."

10 comments:

Jami said...

You're a Godly women and an awesome mama!! I love you and am praying for Great news this week!!! :)

JuJu - said...

WOW - I am blown away by that post - you are an amazing lady and such an inspiration to me. I applaud your faith and your strength and I am honored to have had the opportunity to read your blog and be blessed so by it:)

I am praying for you and believing for a miracle:)

JUlia:)

Kim Capello said...

That is beautiful Amanda and your children are so blessed!

Melissa said...

I love the new blog header!

You are a beautiful woman with a loving spirit that shines through. Your children are beautiful, too, and I know that you will all be together soon.

Bekah said...

You are an amazing and beautiful mama! I just got back from taking my Massage Therapy State Boards...I'll call you this week! Oh and I love the new header as well!

LouLou said...

Amanda,
You are just gorgeous as are your kiddos. I pray that sweet Bella is home before we know it. Sorry I haven't been commenting as much....AP keeps me busy! I am praying and thinking of you often.

love to you!

Mixed Up Me said...

Your children are beautiful and should be celebrated everyday!! I found your site through Sophie Bug . . .hope you don't mind me hopping on over!!

I can't wait to read through all of your entries . . .

Have a fabulous day!

Ryan ~ (the girl :))
Roseville, California

Kristin said...

Amanda,

This posting is just perfect. I know you had a rough day...I am praying on your behalf tonight...and sending my love across the miles. Can't wait to give you a huge hug!!! Prayerfully soon! ;)

Love you so much, sister...
Kristin

Whitney said...

Kids are an amazing blessing and refining tool in our lives! Thanks for the reminder to not dwell on what we are missing. The Lord will redeem this time for us in special ways we do not even know yet!

Candy said...

WAY TO STAY FOCUSED GIRLY...what an example you are...COME ON GOOD NEWS... Hugs Candy and Kya Blu....