Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Another Promise

I went to the zoo today with my sister, nephew, mom and Jake. We had fun. My mom bought Bella the cutest pink and brown striped tank dress from Baby Gap. As I decided on what size I should get ( this was a huge step of faith--I am more in the dark now as to when she will be home than I was when we started this process!), I asked God to give me a verse to stand on. I wanted one that was specific to ME. Well, I got home and did what I always do when I get home-- check my blogs to see if anyone got good news. I have stumbled across so many in the past several weeks. As I was reading one, a verse jumped off the screen at me. This is how it was written:

"I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11

This was as though God, Himself was speaking to just me. It fits what I am going through perfectly. It gives me specific answers. Now, first understand that Jeremiah 29:11-14 are my favorite verses in the Bible. But, I have NEVER read them interpreted this way before. I told someone today- "I don't know what God is doing." Well, He evidently wanted me to know that He does! I said to that person,"I don't know my attorney's plans and that bothers me." Well, again, He reminded me that it is ultimately His plans, not hers, that I should be concerned about! I also said,"What if the daughter I thought I would always have, isn't in my future?" Well, I think He answered that question LOUD and CLEAR!!!

So, tonight I am walking in the utmost of confidence- His confidence that Bella IS coming home to us, that He KNOWS what He is doing and He DOES have a plan. I choose to rejoice in that and that alone!!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I will show up and take care of you...that is an awesome promise. I can't wait to see how it all plays out and how each one of us will be able to say that God showed up and took care of our babies and us during this waiting time. All different journeys but the same ending...the Lord was faithful and brought our babies home. Love it!