Sunday, April 1, 2007

I Have Had a Breakthrough!

First of all, I want to thank my secret blog pal for the nice surprises I found in my mailbox yesterday. She sent me the cutest outfit for Bella, the softest purple onesie and a picture frame for me to put my precious Bella's pic in. I am bringing it to school to put on my desk! Thanks so much SBP--I love my goodies! I have posted pics at the end of this post of all of it.

We broke down and bought Jake a new puppy Saturday. You can also see the pic of him and Sam below. He is a 9 week old miniature schnauzer. He is the sweetest puppy. Of course, none could ever replace our Ali--he is a close second! I was going to wait until they both had their birthday in Sept. before we bought a new one, but Jake was having a very difficult time missing her. We went out to eat with my family Friday night after his game and he started talking about her. He got so sad, he couldn't finish eating. So, after his game Sat. morning, we were out looking for a new puppy. I figured I needed to get a new one house broken and used to our house, before Bella comes home. (which we are still believing God to be in May.)

Now for my breakthrough... I was praying hard this week and feeling down because I realized Mr. PGN was probably going to be out until next week and that meant nothing was being done to get Bella home. I really need her home by the end of May so that I can have all summer with her. Teachers have to report to school Aug.7. I was really getting depressed when I got the calendar out and began doing all the possible what-if scenarios. Then almost audibly, I felt--"Quit limiting me and put your calendar away. I am not limited by earthly time lines. I have an appointed time for bringing Bella home and no man, no holiday, or nothing else can stop it from happening." Wow-- He had my attention. I went on to realize that the same God that created everything in 6 days, that has provided EVERY bit of money needed for this adoption, that keeps the planets from spinning out of control,etc., is the same God I have been limiting because of time lines in PGN. Barrios did not do much this week, except sign a few out and kick a lot out. But I realized that when God wants us out, Barrios cannot do anything but sign us out! This sounds so elementary, but this time I got it in my heart and spirit and not in just my head and mouth. I have been saying that for months, but this week I finally BELIEVE it and KNOW it to be true! I have received a revelation that Satan canNOT take from me!!!!! So, there--that is my breakthrough. It may not seem like much to any of you, but God dropped it in my spirit and I feel a peace like I haven't felt this whole journey and it feels good! Thank you to all of you that have been praying for us. Please continue to pray for favor that we will be out by the end of April and picking up by May. I really feel that she will be home by the last 2 weeks in May. I may be off, but that is just what I feel whenever I pray. We will see--God is faithful.

I know I have been promising to post pics of her room and haven't. I will take them tomorrow and post tomorrow night. I promise.

I want to leave all of you Guatemamas that are waiting for your babies to come home with this verse. It spoke to me and I hope it speaks to some of you..
"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love,O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of Your hands." Psalm 138:8 This tells me that He will fulfill the purpose He set forth to bring Bella (and your baby) into our (and yours) family because He loves each of us. He cannot and will not abandon us, because our adoptions are the works of His hands. What He starts, He always finishes. Be at peace this week and know that He is working every piece of your puzzle out to become a beautiful picture of His love for your family. Our children ARE coming home SOON! I love all of you--have a fantastic week! ;-)























7 comments:

Natalie said...

Amanda, I truly appreciate this post. Thank you so much for sharing your "breakthrough" with us. I admire your faith.

How cute is that puppy?! And Jake looks so happy! He is such a cute boy:)

Bekah said...

Oh my goodness Jake and his new puppy are so adorable!! He is such a cute boy! Thank you so much for your continued encouragement, faith and prayers. I love it when the Lord speaks to you because He speaks to my heart through you!

Jami said...

Amanda -

Thanks for the reminder! God is TRULY IN CONTROL!!! It is so good to remember that and then just rest in HIS arms!! I love you!!

Jami

LouLou said...

Amanda,
As usual you said right what I needed to hear. God does speak through you to all of us. I am so glad that you stumbled upon my blog that day and sent me that email. Now we all have you!

love and blessings

The Frugal Countess said...

I love your breakthroughs girl! YOu are a wise and Godly woman! Although I don't think I'd entrust any of my fingers with you!! ;-) LOL! Hope it's feeling better! Let Jeff make the bed from now on!

I LOVE the puppy! Jake has a sweet mama and daddy!

Andrea said...

What a wonderful post--thank you!

Rosie's Mom said...

You know - when I realized that when God wanted us to be out of PGN we would get out of PGN - no matter what Barrios did - I had so much peace. It was great - realizing that God is in control - in every single tiny way. Then, we got out. It's like you said (and it offered me so much comfort) "You're plowing your fields. You're getting ready and being faithful." You know - we got out that week. So - thank you - and plow your fields!